Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, we reported on an upcoming Nine Inch Nails application utilizing location-based social networking features and integrating with the official nin.com website. The application, titled nin: access [App Store, Free], is now available.

- Engage in location-based conversation and share photos with other NIN fans around the world.
- Access the latest NIN news and blog updates.
- Listen to a variety of streaming NIN music, including exclusive playlists and thousands of fan-created remixes.
- View, save, and share images and videos from nin.com’s vast fan-supported media archive.
- Get exclusive free wallpaper images formatted for iPhone & iPod Touch.
- Access to nin.com's thriving forums.
- Login with your free nin.com account, or create a new one directly from the app.
- Send & receive private messages and view user profiles.

Article Link: Nine Inch Nails iPhone Application Now Available

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2007
It just crashes over and over. I've tried about 10 times or so to get this thing to run and no dice. I haven't been able to get it running once without crashing in the first 10 seconds.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
It seems to me there should be an outlet through iTunes to let bands distribute content this way, without requiring them to all have their own apps, and users who like hundreds of bands to have hundreds of apps to get content.

TJROCKSTAR

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
Crashing App!

It's not the app! It's just you!! It with the website, I am watching people post live, and google earth is showing me their location in real time. Slick app, and it's kissing ass on my ipod touch!
Nine Inch Nails, showing the rest of the music industry how it's done!

bennifer3000

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Awesome app. Running great, no problems.

Recommend people check it out. Also check out Ghosts I-IV and The Slip. :cool:

eonaeon

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
Down Under
It just crashes over and over. I've tried about 10 times or so to get this thing to run and no dice. I haven't been able to get it running once without crashing in the first 10 seconds.

Mine does something similar - can't seem to do anything without it crashing.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thunder said it. This is a great idea, however being just nin limits it. Obviously other bands will want to follow suit as it is a great idea, then we will all have tons of these apps for a bunch of different bands.

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
Thunder said it. This is a great idea, however being just nin limits it. Obviously other bands will want to follow suit as it is a great idea, then we will all have tons of these apps for a bunch of different bands.

It would be cool. But the development of this app allegedly cost a lot of money (tens of thousands to a hundred thousand dollars). How many bands are going to spend that kind of money and give it away for a free?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
its a nice little application and very polished. it does crash occasionally and the iphone wallpapers dont seem to ever download completely, as in they're still blurry when loaded. but i suppose bugs are to be expected.

i can't see very many bands doing this, at least not to the extent that the NIN application goes to.

Hardscan451

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2009
no major problems

Nice little app that makes you feel connected to the artists and not some corporate promotional x-factor kind of trash. Only niggle i've had so far is when saving wallpapers the app quits, but thats no big deal, thanks for the effort Rob and Trent.

Apocrathia

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
University of South Alabama
I really hope that Trent Reznor's recent outcry is the voice that Apple actually listens to over their ludicrous app store approval system. I really hope that firmware 3.0 includes a strict parental controls feature. It's really a shame that so many great apps just get lost in the approval process.
It just reminds me of this comic:
2mo4ljk.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.