Nine Inch Nails iPhone Application Now Available

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 15, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last week, we reported on an upcoming Nine Inch Nails application utilizing location-based social networking features and integrating with the official nin.com website. The application, titled nin: access [App Store, Free], is now available.

Article Link: Nine Inch Nails iPhone Application Now Available

2. macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

It just crashes over and over. I've tried about 10 times or so to get this thing to run and no dice. I haven't been able to get it running once without crashing in the first 10 seconds.

3. macrumors 65816

djinn

No problems here. Even streamed some music.

4. macrumors 68000

ThunderSkunk

It seems to me there should be an outlet through iTunes to let bands distribute content this way, without requiring them to all have their own apps, and users who like hundreds of bands to have hundreds of apps to get content.

5. macrumors newbie

Crashing App!

It's not the app! It's just you!! It with the website, I am watching people post live, and google earth is showing me their location in real time. Slick app, and it's kissing ass on my ipod touch!
    Nine Inch Nails, showing the rest of the music industry how it's done!

6. macrumors regular

Awesome app. Running great, no problems.

Recommend people check it out. Also check out Ghosts I-IV and The Slip. :cool:

7. macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Been waiting for this app since it was announced. Updating the app store even on my phone when I'm out traveling...another great resource for a Nine Inch Nails fan. Great app. Thanks, Trent.

8. macrumors member

Mine does something similar - can't seem to do anything without it crashing.

9. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Thunder said it. This is a great idea, however being just nin limits it. Obviously other bands will want to follow suit as it is a great idea, then we will all have tons of these apps for a bunch of different bands.

10. macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

It would be cool. But the development of this app allegedly cost a lot of money (tens of thousands to a hundred thousand dollars). How many bands are going to spend that kind of money and give it away for a free?

11. macrumors Core

its a nice little application and very polished. it does crash occasionally and the iphone wallpapers dont seem to ever download completely, as in they're still blurry when loaded. but i suppose bugs are to be expected.

i can't see very many bands doing this, at least not to the extent that the NIN application goes to.

12. macrumors newbie

no major problems

Nice little app that makes you feel connected to the artists and not some corporate promotional x-factor kind of trash. Only niggle i've had so far is when saving wallpapers the app quits, but thats no big deal, thanks for the effort Rob and Trent.

13. macrumors 6502

MorzillA

They work 1000X better than the competition.

Update from the new NiN app. I hope that the new app does get approved...

:apple:

14. macrumors 6502

I really hope that Trent Reznor's recent outcry is the voice that Apple actually listens to over their ludicrous app store approval system. I really hope that firmware 3.0 includes a strict parental controls feature. It's really a shame that so many great apps just get lost in the approval process.
    It just reminds me of this comic:
    [​IMG]