Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoami4546

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I am looking for a app that enables or disables arplane mode on the iphone by a preset schedule. Like i have classes Monday to friday 7 to 8 AM. I want it to automatically go to airplane mode during that time.

doobi18

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Sorry, but this is not an available feature at this time, though it is definitely great idea and I am surprised that no 3rd party (unofficial) developer has written an app to do this. :D

//doobi18

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I am looking for a app that enables or disables arplane mode on the iphone by a preset schedule. Like i have classes Monday to friday 7 to 8 AM. I want it to automatically go to airplane mode during that time.
This would be a great idea for a app!!! I work in a area that does not get a signal. If I forget to enable airplane mode or turn the phone off, my battery drains completely within a few hours.

I'm surprised Apple didn't think of including a feature like this.

efice32

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2008
Music City USA
if apple made their programming and feature decisions based on avoiding complaints they would've had copy/paste and MMS there since day one ;)

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
This app is available for jailbroken users, and it's called MyProfiles. It let's you set different profiles based on time, GPS location, WiFi connection, and battery status. You can toggle 3G, WiFi, Airplane Mode, and more. It's available through the Rock app.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
This app is available for jailbroken users, and it's called MyProfiles. It let's you set different profiles based on time, GPS location, WiFi connection, and battery status. You can toggle 3G, WiFi, Airplane Mode, and more. It's available through the Rock app.
That's great if you have the desire to jailbreak your phone. :(

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
why

seriously some people are freaking lazy, its already AT THE TOP OF THE SETTINGS MENU

It's not like turning off 3G where it's in a submenu

doobi18

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2006
Sydney, Australia

Awesome - don't know how I missed that!

That's great if you have the desire to jailbreak your phone. :(

Well if you desire automatic profiles so badly, isn;t that more than enough justification to do so?

//doobi18

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I saw this on a HTC G1 with Android today and it was awesome. My friend walked into work and his phone went to vibrate and the Wi-fi turned on. Later, he walked into his car and the bluetooth turned on and connected to his car's handsfree. Never had to leave his pocket.

Times like these make me wish Apple was more like Google.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
I hate you. :D

Haha, no you don't:)

I saw this on a HTC G1 with Android today and it was awesome. My friend walked into work and his phone went to vibrate and the Wi-fi turned on. Later, he walked into his car and the bluetooth turned on and connected to his car's handsfree. Never had to leave his pocket.

Times like these make me wish Apple was more like Google.

The iPhone does the second part except automatically turn on the bluetooth, although I always have it on and don't notice a battery drain when not in use.

mikeinternet

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2006
Oaklnad, CA
Having this work with GPS is even smarter. That way your schedule is not important. If you are at school or at work your phone will not ring.

Very cool.

theDUB

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2008
SLT, CA
why

seriously some people are freaking lazy, its already AT THE TOP OF THE SETTINGS MENU

It's not like turning off 3G where it's in a submenu

It's not an issue of being too lazy to enable Airplane Mode. The OP just forgets before class.

papiti

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Puerto Rico
Dumb!!!

Wow, I'm gonna call my Dad next Sunday at 12:00Am, so is there an APP that does this if I program it to do so, you know, I'm too lazy to press some buttons and call my Dad at that exact time.:D

Wow, that would be the dumbest App i would have ever seen. Why would I want to use it. I mean, isn't it easier if, once I go into class, or get into an Airplane, just go to settings and put the phone in Airplane mode. I mean, I'm just wondering!!!!!!!:eek:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Do you turn the phone into no-ringer mode in movie theaters or other places?

You do the same thing in class. Don't need a scheduler.

gumball981

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
are you really that lazy?
it's right at the top of the settings menu, it takes under 3 seconds to flip a switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.