PDA

View Full Version : Question on optical drive tray on Quicksilver

blktauna
Apr 23, 2004, 05:04 PM
Anyone have it happen where the thing randomly opens and closes?

baby duck monge
Apr 23, 2004, 05:31 PM
no.

does it do this all the time? when you're working with certain apps? could anything be accidentally hitting the eject key on the keyboard? any other details you would care to share?

blktauna
Apr 23, 2004, 05:45 PM
no.

does it do this all the time? when you're working with certain apps? could anything be accidentally hitting the eject key on the keyboard? any other details you would care to share?

It's been doing this with increasing frequency. No pattern I can discern. Nothing is hitting the keyboard. Sometimes it will not immediately spin up a cd when one is put in the tray. It'll open and close once or twice before registering the cd.

unixkid
Apr 23, 2004, 07:33 PM
get a new drive lol. ive been having trouble with my QuickSilver getting to register my UT2004 cd. it takes roughly 10min to mount the UT2004 CD lol and i dont have the problem with any other discs. So im getting a new internal DVD-R "Pioneer DVR-A07XLB." u can get them for a little over $150.

stoid
Apr 23, 2004, 08:33 PM
Never had problems like this with the family Quicksilver. You got a bad something, I just hope it's the drive. You might want to try swapping keyboards for a bit to see if there it maybe a short in the keyboard eject button. Also, run some system clean-up tools to make sure that you don't have a corrupt file somewhere.

unixkid
Apr 23, 2004, 11:20 PM
it was the drive. I just got the drive (listed above) and now everything works. :)