PDA

View Full Version : How to record video of my app

EmptyPockets
Apr 22, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hey,

I was wondering if you guys could recommend a way to record video of my new app Durak. (available now www.itunes.com/apps/durak :D )

I wanted to do a screen capture using the simulator but I need to somehow use a different mouse to look like a thumb or a circle.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrey

bitesize
Apr 22, 2009, 12:38 PM
Find a nice surface, put white paper on it, and get a video camera out. Do it just like the apple ads lol.

Niiro13
Apr 22, 2009, 01:13 PM
Except the Apple ads get to have fun with video out. :P

Your choices are (in order of popularity [or rather likeliness]):

1) Film the actual iPhone and the actual hand together like most people (though it's harder to see the app and it's not as nice).

2) Use a video capture application (like iShow) with the simulator and just live with the mouse or tell the application to not capture the mouse.

3) Use a video capture application (like iShow) with the simulator and make sure to tell the application to not capture the mouse then in the video editor, overlay a circle.

4) Use a video capture application (like iShow) with the simulator and make sure to tell the application to not capture the mouse. Then film your hands over a green screen with a monitor next to you so you can follow the speed of the movie. Then overlay that footage above the simulator video.

5) Modify your iPhone to support video out (I don't think anyone has done this) so you get all the icons as well as accelerometer support (if you need it). Then film your hands over a green screen with a monitor next to you so you can follow the speed of the movie. Then overlay that footage above the video out footage which is bordered by the simulator's border.

Or, you know, don't film anything :P.

EmptyPockets
Apr 22, 2009, 02:36 PM
That was very informative. Thanks for the help

rubyruby
Apr 22, 2009, 02:40 PM
If you want it to look fancy, try PhoneFinger :)

http://www.wonderwarp.com/phonefinger/

EmptyPockets
Apr 22, 2009, 07:39 PM
That's great!

EmptyPockets
Apr 22, 2009, 11:44 PM
Here is the video. Thanks for everyones help

Durak on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nBGjTnsbw)

RodThePlod
Apr 23, 2009, 10:44 AM
Here is the video. Thanks for everyones help

Hey - that's very cool.

so you used iPhonefinger... how did you capture the actual iPhone screens? What software did you use?

I'd like to give this a go.

Cheers,

Rod.

EmptyPockets
Apr 23, 2009, 01:24 PM
I used iShowuHD

Niiro13
Apr 23, 2009, 01:40 PM
Nice! I forgot about replacing the mouse cursor :).

Looks great! :D

RodThePlod
Apr 24, 2009, 05:33 AM
I used iShowuHD

OK cool. My first app (Top-Tens: www.itunes.com/apps/top-tens) has just gone on sale today!!! Yay!!

So I'll grab a copy of iShowu HD and see what I can put together this weekend!

Thanks,

Rod.

Compile 'em all
Apr 24, 2009, 05:36 AM
don't forget to check out Simfinger @ http://blog.atebits.com/ i didn't try it out though!