PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D80 Full after 7 Pictures

jbrindger
Apr 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
My Nikon D80 is saying full after seven pictures. I have a 2 GB memory card and usually take between 500 and 600 shots before it is full. I have done everything I know how. Any thoughts?

namethisfile
Apr 22, 2009, 02:07 PM
go to your camera's menu and reformat the card and see if that works.

cosmokanga2
Apr 22, 2009, 03:39 PM
go to your camera's menu and reformat the card and see if that works.

Second that. Make sure the card isn't locked either.

Ryan1524
Apr 22, 2009, 04:56 PM
If all else fails, pull the battery with the card out.

FourCandles
Apr 22, 2009, 05:18 PM
Second that. Make sure the card isn't locked either.

And just to emphasise, format the card in the camera, not with your computer.

bobert83
May 8, 2009, 12:01 PM
I always format the card after every download is completed and backed up. Don't "delete" the pictures, actually format the card.

gboss
May 30, 2009, 02:48 PM
If you deleted the photos on the card on your computer, make sure you empty the trash. It won't actually release the space as free until you do.

FF_productions
May 31, 2009, 12:11 AM
This is a rare possibility, but there could also be a separate folder, from say another camera, and that would explain it..Most likely scenario is that you didn't empty the trash.

firstapple
May 31, 2009, 10:26 AM
This is a rare possibility, but there could also be a separate folder, from say another camera, and that would explain it..Most likely scenario is that you didn't empty the trash.

I also second this one... Very possible you used this card in another camera, which would have created a separate folder for you pictures. Your new camera doesn't "see" this folder, but instead just thinks the card is full.