PDA

View Full Version : New Pentax DSLR to be released in May

SLC Flyfishing
Apr 24, 2009, 05:07 PM
Information regarding a May 21st release date for Pentax's newest flagship DSLR has been leaked.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5224457/what-ho-a-new-pentax-dslr-looms-coming-may-21

Rumors abound as to the new features but it is almost certain to be another APS-C model. The coolest rumors I've read so far include better high ISO performance, a much improved AF system, Video mode, and some shooting information such as histogram which will be projected into the viewfinder much like a HUD. And also an improved Shake Reduction system.

It's also rumored to have a 100% coverage optical glass pentaprism viewfinder, and magnesium alloy construction.

Anyway, I'm moving to Nikon for the FF D700. But this camera looks to be a great upgrade from the K10 or K20D camera bodies.

At the very least, it's nice to see Pentax taking a step forward during the recession, this hopefully serves to quiet some of the folks who've been speculating that Pentax may be close to going out of business.

SLC

cube
Apr 24, 2009, 05:12 PM
What I wonder is how much the 645D will cost.

CrackedButter
Apr 24, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'd be more impressed if it was full frame as well.

westernmass
Apr 25, 2009, 08:38 PM
I held off on the K20 and am very excited about the next model.

Phrasikleia
Apr 25, 2009, 08:59 PM
I held off on the K20 and am very excited about the next model.

Supposedly this one isn't a successor to the K20D. The true successor is planned, but won't be released until later in the year. The new camera is the first in a new line. So say the rumors.