PDA

View Full Version : MR Super-duper E3 Prediction Spectacular Thread of Awesomenessness

sikkinixx
May 6, 2009, 09:00 AM
Well, E3 is around the bend. What will it bring?

Forza 3? (http://kotaku.com/5234484/forza-3-teased-expected-to-arrive-in-2009)

Maybe the heavily rumored Xbox 360 full body motion controller? (http://kotaku.com/5236404/microsofts-full-body-motion-controller-revealed)

Or maybe a PS3 full body motion controller? (http://kotaku.com/5235112/report-sony-to-debut-new-motion+sensing-controller)

Pikmin 3? (http://kotaku.com/5239391/is-edge-teasing-pikmin-3)

Maybe FINALLY the PSP Go! or whatever the hell they call it? (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173959)

Perfect Dark the original on XBLA? (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174042)

Taustin Powers
May 6, 2009, 09:29 AM
Hardware:
New PSP
New PS3 motion controller (yawn)

Software Announcements:
GTA V
Dead Space II
Little Big Planet II
New Halo Something

I'm really just pulling these out of my ass. :)

capoeirista
May 6, 2009, 09:49 AM
PS3 price drop/games bundle?

Alan Wake?

Dagless
May 6, 2009, 10:35 AM
Nintendo-
Goes on about core gamers again. Might announce 1 or 2 titles for these chaps. It'll be rubbish :(
No major game announcements for DS.
Sales bragging of both Wii and DS.

Sony-
New PSPage, more details on the upcoming first party games.

Microsoft-
Something casual to pull in the Wii crowd. Motion controls or some new casual IP.
Gears of War 3 announcement or YAUE3G.

MacRumorUser
May 6, 2009, 10:54 AM
Duke Nukem ! :rolleyes:

I have a feeling hardware wise this years E3 is going to be a case of MEH!

With only PSP seeing any major revision change if rumors are true.

Ja Di ksw
May 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
Sony and Microsoft will both come out with some type of motion control or brand new way of interacting with games. Gamers and non-gamers alike will buy tons of them, there will be shortages everywhere. 6 months later, 3rd party game publishers will mysteriously and completely stop making any decent game, occasionally mumbling about how too many people own the systems now.

zelmo
May 6, 2009, 04:22 PM
PSP Go! or w/e they're going to call it.
TeamICO details, maybe even a teaser trailer
Info on the next Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and Ratchet & Clank games

I'm not setting expectations too high, although I may end up disappointed on the TeamICO front.

zap2
May 6, 2009, 09:13 PM
Pikmin 3! I'd be very happy!

dubs
May 6, 2009, 09:58 PM
I hope they drop the PS3 $100. That would be sweet, I might actually buy one then.

macfan881
May 7, 2009, 01:13 AM
my predictions for Sony
preview of psp 2

The Big Firmware update 3.0
invites
voice chat ingame
some othere cool featuers

Home
masive update
Voice Chat Returns
Pictures and Videos in apartments
loads of new apartments
a preview of upcoming gamespaces

New PSN exclusives
$300 80gig ps3 remaning 40 gigs will be $200-250 some where around there.
ps3 Wiimote wanna be
some big name ps3 game exclusives.
Kingdom Hearst teaser ps3 exclusive
FFXIII VS Teaser ps3 exclusive.

Miharu
May 7, 2009, 01:17 AM
It won't feature Duke Nukem, as 3drealms just died today. Good night sweet prince :(
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/rumor-duke-nukem-dev-3d-realms-shut-down/

My predictions are mostly the same as everyone else's, Nintendo will tell again how they have captured non-gaming market and will show boring graphs, and some utter rubbish games.

sikkinixx
May 7, 2009, 08:34 AM
GT5 rumors from some French site (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360881)

2nyRiggz
May 7, 2009, 08:49 AM
Nintendo:
Gloating about sales numbers
Another Zelda or Metroid Game(hopefully)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay
Pikman 3....PLEASE!
New Wii Colors

XBOX360:
Gloating about beating Sony and how they'll always keep their eyes fixed on Sony(like a real stalker)
Some casual stuff
3rd Party games....with exclusive DLC
Forza 3
1 vs. 100
motion control thing

PS3:
Gloat about Japan sales and how they're doing good for such an expensive price....they'll have to mention how the PS2/PSP doing as well(boring)
Heavy Rain new gameplay
GOW3 gameplay
Team ICO Announcement
MAG gameplay
PSP upgrade with the lineup of games
PS3 Price drop($50)
Ipet crap
White Knight Chronicles

I'm hoping for: New Mario game from Nintendo and Team ICO, Demon's Souls from Sony.

Bless

sikkinixx
May 7, 2009, 08:53 AM
^

I am *this* close to ordering the Asian version of Demon Soul. That game looks crazy cool.

If you listen to Listen UP! Shane makes it quite obvious that he has seen or knows about the new PSP. And hints that there is a way for existing owners to transfer UMD games onto it.... interesting indeed.

And also a rumor about MGS4 on 360 plus exclusive add-on, plus APB/Lost Planet 2/new Lionhead Project from the MS side of things.

MacRumorUser
May 10, 2009, 02:35 AM
And also a rumor about MGS4 on 360 plus exclusive add-on,

Fanboi: NO WAYZ! Cos D FreeSickly dunt hav BluRayz init! ;)

But realistically - would not surprise me. We all know platform exclusivity outside of first party means very little.

Oh yeah..... FABLE III - Stephen Fry already let slip he has done the voice work for it, so its going to be a pretty certain announcement at E3 with a Holiday 2009 release.....

Dagless
May 10, 2009, 07:12 AM
Wishful thinking but after seeing the leaked gameplay footage for DNF I'm really hoping Take 2 gets someone else to finish development.

capoeirista
May 10, 2009, 10:36 AM
Wishful thinking but after seeing the leaked gameplay footage for DNF I'm really hoping Take 2 gets someone else to finish development.

If it took them 10 years of development to get that far, it's going to take a lot longer to finish it...:rolleyes:

2nyRiggz
May 10, 2009, 11:44 AM
^Well the studio is closed now so don't look for anything "Nukem" in the near future unless some brave developer scopes it up.

I'm hearing a lot of Mass Effect 2 and Lost Planet 2 Multiplatform(PS3 & PC) talk and I have a feeling we might see a shocker this year as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if those two titles(MGS4 also going 360) didn't make the jump because every 3rd party exclusive is going the other way...ex: NG2: Sigma, Tales and others.

Bless

sikkinixx
May 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
^ So far Lost Planet 2 is only 360 & PC. PS3 version will probably follow but...

Another thing for the Sorny side, Crapcom is said to be ready to release up to 100+ PSone games onto PSN over the next few months. I know the NA store only has 31 games period, but if Sorny is really serious about pumping up the PSP, it is free money.

I hope Dead Rising 2 is shown a bit more too. Made in Vancouver ;)

Oh.. and the new Pixel Junk game should hopefully be there :D Love's me some Pixel Junk

sn00pie
May 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
Credible sources have said that we will see a big announcement from Sony at this years E3. I want a new PSP :)

Gran Turismo 5 for PS3 and Gran Turismo Mobile for the PSP2 has been pretty much "confirmed" by a very reliable source as being stars at this years E3. This source has been correct numerous times before and his well known in the Gran Turismo world :)

As you can see I'm a GT fan, it's pretty much the reason I'm a Playstation guy instead of a Xbox guy.

Dagless
May 10, 2009, 12:12 PM
If it took them 10 years of development to get that far, it's going to take a lot longer to finish it...:rolleyes:
That was due to engine changes and redesigns. From what I heard development had actually been going well for a couple of years. With a more organised team behind it wouldn't take another 10 years to finish :rolleyes:

^Well the studio is closed now so don't look for anything "Nukem" in the near future unless some brave developer scopes it up.

3D Realms is closed but Deep Silver are still developing Duke Nukem Trilogy and Take 2 owns the publishing rights. It's very possible they would shift development over to Epic, Rockstar (since 3DR have worked very closely with both studios before) or whoever. Duke Nukem Forever and Trilogy aren't dead, 3D Realms are.
Also: http://twitter.com/ApogeeSoftware/status/1747381530, and an apology for sending people to Twitter :o.

whooleytoo
May 11, 2009, 06:25 AM
Fanboi: NO WAYZ! Cos D FreeSickly dunt hav BluRayz init! ;)

Yeah, that in-game joke about not having to swop disks wouldn't be funny any more, if it were in the 360 version. :p

sikkinixx
May 11, 2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah, that in-game joke about not having to swop disks wouldn't be funny any more, if it were in the 360 version. :p

HD-DVD FTW... Believe.

BlackSnow
May 15, 2009, 12:46 PM
Pikman 3
New Zelda for wii
Maybe somthing with Okami feel

twoodcc
May 15, 2009, 11:23 PM
GT5 rumors from some French site (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360881)

i sure hope GT5 for ps3 and GT mobile for the new psp comes.

600 cars for GT5 though? i was hoping for even more cars, since we have bluray now. i mean, there was like over 700 cars in GT4

sikkinixx
May 15, 2009, 11:53 PM
How many versions of a Nissan Skyline do you really need though?

twoodcc
May 16, 2009, 07:21 PM
How many versions of a Nissan Skyline do you really need though?

a few. lol. i wonder if they will keep the trucks in this one, like in GT4?

sikkinixx
May 31, 2009, 07:16 PM
It all begins tomorrow. MS has moved their press conference ahead by 5 minutes for a special surprise according to Geoff K. at GTTV. MS handheld, I'm calling it now.

I can't help but feel a little bit drained already. I mean, the PSP Go! has leaked, PS3 Slim is more or less confirmed (maybe not for a bit), MS motion control/Zune HD/Zune Xbox whatever... There could be a lot of big game announcements, but still... Leaks kinda kill the mystic.

zap2
May 31, 2009, 09:55 PM
I can't help but feel a little bit drained already. I mean, the PSP Go! has leaked, PS3 Slim is more or less confirmed (maybe not for a bit), MS motion control/Zune HD/Zune Xbox whatever... There could be a lot of big game announcements, but still... Leaks kinda kill the mystic.

True....I'm hoping for big things from Nintendo...i know, easy to be let down, but give me Pikmin 3 and I'm a happy man!

MacRumorUser
Jun 1, 2009, 03:41 AM
kill the mystic.

and the mystique too :D

Didn't see that one coming did you our E3 mystic :p

Dagless
Jun 1, 2009, 05:11 AM
True....I'm hoping for big things from Nintendo...i know, easy to be let down, but give me Pikmin 3 and I'm a happy man!

Nintendo will bring us nothing. I'm interested in what other developers show for their platform but Zelda, Mario, Metroid... Nah. I normally watch their show live but I don't think I'll bother this year. MS and Sony on the other hand... New hardware excites me :)

A Microsoft handheld? Maybe if it came with a 3G communications chip so we could play online anywhere. I'd dig that. But if it's just an overheating LOUD MONSTROS-- (turned it off) monstrosity with a paid multiplayer service over wifi then I won't be bothering at all. The games I enjoy on the 360 are all the big cinematic ones, they don't really have any IP's that could be portable.

sikkinixx
Jun 1, 2009, 07:50 AM
and the mystique too :D

Didn't see that one coming did you our E3 mystic :p

lol, total brain fart on my part! Stupid spell checker! DO MY THINKING FOR ME!

But yeah, Crysis 2 on consoles (ugh)... disappointing start!

2nyRiggz
Jun 1, 2009, 09:24 AM
I'm more interested in what Bethseda will show this year....seems like they got some goodies for us. I hope they don't pull that crap they did last year with Microshaft with this DLC exclusive(timed) crap.

Wet
Fallout: Vagas
The new one with a trailer.

Bless

sikkinixx
Jun 1, 2009, 10:03 AM
Keighley from GTTV is hinting that MW2 will be a major at the MS conference in a few hours, and the opening will be "musical" in nature. GH5?

twoodcc
Jun 1, 2009, 12:00 PM
what's the best site to track E3?

twistedlegato
Jun 1, 2009, 12:03 PM
what's the best site to track E3?

I've always found IGN to be the most reliable.

Antares
Jun 1, 2009, 12:18 PM
Keighley from GTTV is hinting that MW2 will be a major at the MS conference in a few hours, and the opening will be "musical" in nature. GH5?

What's MW2 an acornym for? (an updated Mech Warrior 2 for the 360?)

E3 will hopefully be more exciting this year...That's all I want.

sikkinixx
Jun 1, 2009, 12:44 PM
Modern Warfare 2 (ie. Call of Duty 6)