Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colin0317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
I have what looks like a liquid glue or water stain on my trackpad that I can't clean. You have to look at it from an angle to see it, anyone else have this? The surface doesn't feel different or anything, I justwish I could wash it off.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I think some have had good results with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I haven't used it myself, but you might want to check it out.
Read the directions and use at your own risk though!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
a pic would be nice. Don't know why people post threads like this without pics. :rolleyes:

I don't know maybe because he's asking for solutions and having a pic isn't a requirement for posting AFAIK

to the OP, since you're dealing with a stain on the trackpad, I'd be careful of what to use to remove it. You'll not want to scratch it or make matters worse.

I'd first try a damp cloth and see if rubbing it would clean things up, any ideas at what it could be or how it got there?

Colin0317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
I don't know maybe because he's asking for solutions and having a pic isn't a requirement for posting AFAIK

to the OP, since you're dealing with a stain on the trackpad, I'd be careful of what to use to remove it. You'll not want to scratch it or make matters worse.

I'd first try a damp cloth and see if rubbing it would clean things up, any ideas at what it could be or how it got there?

It almost looks like clear glue underneath the glass. Looks like it's wet, but it isn't. I'll try to get a picture up soon. For those with these macbooks, could you check if you guys have spots like this?

Colin0317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
The camera is not picking it up, so I won't be able to post pictures of it.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
The spot is underneath the trackpad? If you are unable to clean it you may be able to get away with just taking it to the Apple Store and seeing if it's a cosmetic defect caused by some sort of build issue.

Also, I've noticed how there are a lot of people using their name, Colin, as their usernames - is this a result of having that name, too? :p

Colin0317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
The spot is underneath the trackpad? If you are unable to clean it you may be able to get away with just taking it to the Apple Store and seeing if it's a cosmetic defect caused by some sort of build issue.

Also, I've noticed how there are a lot of people using their name, Colin, as their usernames - is this a result of having that name, too? :p

Well yes it is :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.