PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take ??? !

Reuven
Apr 30, 2004, 05:46 AM
I can't take it any longer!! I ordered my new PB last Tuesday on the 20th & now been told it will take another further 10-14 working days.

Not happy about it as you can imagine.

Are there any shortages on new 15" 1.Ghz Superdrive PB ?

How long has it taken to receive your new PB ?

I suppose though I have to take into consideration that I have a custom order.

rwbean
Apr 30, 2004, 06:30 AM
I can't take it any longer!! I ordered my new PB last Tuesday on the 20th & now been told it will take another further 10-14 working days.

Not happy about it as you can imagine.

Are there any shortages on new 15" 1.Ghz Superdrive PB ?

How long has it taken to receive your new PB ?

I suppose though I have to take into consideration that I have a custom order.

I ordered the same as you (15" SD, 512Mb 1 SO-DIMM, 128Mb VRAM, 5400rpm drive) from http://store.apple.com.au/edu at ~17:09 on the 27th, and it shipped on the 29th to Brisbane... (notified at 17:42 on 29th)
:cool:

It will probably be slower if Billing Address != Shipping Address, or if you don't use a credit card. My addresses were the same - had a hiccup charging my Westpac MC, but apple gave me the number for westpac and they took "the hold" off my a/c for 15 minutes while the charge went through.

edu discount + salary sacrificed means I pay from my gross earnings and don't pay GST. :) :)

Reuven
Apr 30, 2004, 06:39 AM
I ordered the same as you (15" SD, 512Mb 1 SO-DIMM, 128Mb VRAM, 5400rpm drive) from http://store.apple.com.au/edu at ~17:09 on the 27th, and it shipped on the 29th to Brisbane... (notified at 17:42 on 29th)
:cool:

It will probably be slower if Billing Address != Shipping Address, or if you don't use a credit card. My addresses were the same - had a hiccup charging my Westpac MC, but apple gave me the number for westpac and they took "the hold" off my a/c for 15 minutes while the charge went through.

edu discount + salary sacrificed means I pay from my gross earnings and don't pay GST. :) :)

I ordered my PB from David Jones as I got a discount thanks to my girlfreind working there :D :D.

Just so slow though :(

rwbean
Apr 30, 2004, 11:53 PM
I ordered my PB from David Jones as I got a discount thanks to my girlfreind working there :D :D.

Just so slow though :(

Mine just arrived... 2pm on 1st May to suburban Brisbane, from Sydney. Whew, that was quick! :) :) I've only played with them in San Francisco and Tokyo, and now I have my own. The first thing I did was start to play chess, but it was beating me, so I quit that. (It has a woman reading the moves it makes - spooky! :eek: ) Someone must have set the time, because was exactly 8 hours after the real time.

The only problem now is that my Dad has sat down in front of it and doesn't seem to be moving, despite my hints. :confused: So I'm typing this on the PC.

(no dead pixels, no vibration problems :cool: will just check that I can write DVDs, when I figure out how to do that.)

So just be patient... :rolleyes: STE stands for Star Track Express, if that's your carrier. (star track express, answer me yes...)

billwest9999
May 1, 2004, 12:23 AM
I ordered mine on the 27th and it shipped on the 29th. (1.5GHz 15", Superdrive, 1x512MB RAM, the others are standard stuff). Sadly, I wanted it to ship LATER because I wanted to change my order to get a different configuration, and Apple would not give me back a refund for my BTO powerbook.

Anyone wants to buy the powerbook? It's still unopened in the box.

Any good suggestions on where I can sell it? I live in Canada. I thought about ebay but am not sure if I want to take that path.

cyks
May 1, 2004, 12:37 AM
It beats me where yours is... I just purchased a 12"PBook about 3 hours ago- and it's still not here yet :(

Oh well....back to checking my Apple Order Status page every 5 minutes.

cyks
May 1, 2004, 12:46 AM
I ordered mine on the 27th and it shipped on the 29th. (1.5GHz 15", Superdrive, 1x512MB RAM, the others are standard stuff). Sadly, I wanted it to ship LATER because I wanted to change my order to get a different configuration, and Apple would not give me back a refund for my BTO powerbook.

Anyone wants to buy the powerbook? It's still unopened in the box.

Any good suggestions on where I can sell it? I live in Canada. I thought about ebay but am not sure if I want to take that path.

What kind of configuration did you want to change it to? ...is it that much different from what you have now?

billwest9999
May 1, 2004, 05:59 AM
What kind of configuration did you want to change it to? ...is it that much different from what you have now?

I have (1.5GHz 15", 1x512MB RAM, 64MB Video card, 4200RPM HD, Superdrive, Backlite keyboard). I want to the the 17" powerbook now instead of the 15" because of the screen real estate the 17" provides.