PDA

View Full Version : Legal to Sell iTMS Gift Certicates on Ebay?

Frisco
May 1, 2004, 09:52 PM
I am just wondering the legality of this. I have not seen any on ebay yet. If it is legal this could be a temporary solution to our Canadian and European friends until they get access to the music store. Selling to them however may be illegal.

I remember someone was selling a song on ebay that originally purchased on the iTMS. Ebay eventually pulled the auction.

What are your thoughts?

Kit Fist0
May 1, 2004, 11:56 PM
All you need is a USA adress to download from iTMS.

chameeeleon
May 2, 2004, 12:26 AM
I don't know about eBay, but (as a Canadian iTunes addict) I've been getting anyone I know whose travelling to the US to pick me up the iTunes Target cards while they're down there. As far as iTunes knows, I live in Beverly Hills 90210. I just hope that when iTunes finally arrives in Canada I'll be able to change it to a Canadian account.

asif3
May 2, 2004, 03:58 AM
I don't know about eBay, but (as a Canadian iTunes addict) I've been getting anyone I know whose travelling to the US to pick me up the iTunes Target cards while they're down there. As far as iTunes knows, I live in Beverly Hills 90210. I just hope that when iTunes finally arrives in Canada I'll be able to change it to a Canadian account.

Heheh, I 'ive' in 90210 too :) - It's the only ZIP code I could remember.

There used to be a seller on eBay and his auctions always used to get snapped up quick, but he's disappeared now. He used to add around $5 onto the price for the cert and like $20 for the $200 certs.

virividox
May 2, 2004, 09:00 AM
its probably not illegal, because what if you give them as gifts. to people outside the us.

Frisco
May 2, 2004, 09:26 AM
All you need is a USA adress to download from iTMS.

I thought your credit card has to have a US address? Am I wrong?

michaelrjohnson
May 2, 2004, 11:25 AM
to answwer the question: no, i believe that an end user/consumer has no legal rights to resell apple's gift cards. It has been a big mess before, so let's not get into it agian, okay?

oldschool
May 2, 2004, 03:55 PM
they have iTunes cards at target? or are they just called Target Cards?

realityisterror
May 2, 2004, 07:43 PM
they have iTunes cards at target? or are they just called Target Cards?

they are itunes giftcards sold at target.
here's the link on where to redeem them online (https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/prepaidWizard).

reality

rainman::|:|
May 2, 2004, 08:00 PM
well i highly doubt it's illegal to sell them, but they're probably invalid if resold, so you couldn't legally use them... check the terms of the certificate. It's all in there. I should imagine it's also against the terms to use the service from outside of the US. again, check the terms.

paul