PDA

View Full Version : Something Cooking @ the Grove?

512ke
May 3, 2004, 11:42 PM
For whatever it's worth, I was at the Apple Store at the Grove (LA) tonight May 3 2004 from 6 to 6:30 pm (PST). Something was happening. Decorations were being taken down. The unusually large crowd of black t-shirt wearing employees were all talking. "Are you staying all night?" "Yeah I'm gotta be here until 5 a.m." "When are we unpacking the boxes?" Etc etc etc. Perhaps the boxes are just filled with new promotional materials or store decorations. Probably it's irrelevant. However, I wanted to share the latest Mac minutiae with other Apple lovers. :)

G5orbust
May 3, 2004, 11:46 PM
wow awesome. I wonder if something will come of this...

PowerMacMan
May 4, 2004, 04:40 PM
Another one of my extreme mood swings... Apple might be releasing something... :rolleyes:

Cause I CAN'T sleep until they do... :(

eyeluvmyimac
May 4, 2004, 04:59 PM
well whatever it was, it didn't happen today -- you should go back if you can and see if you notice any changes....if you dont see any then they mighta been talkin about next tuesday or something :p

Macmaniac
May 4, 2004, 05:03 PM
Everything points to new G5 Powerbooks, I'm sorry I could not help myself! :p :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :D :o :eek:

superbovine
May 4, 2004, 08:50 PM
most retails store in the spring time have their employee hop an all night shift to redo their ads and displays from winter to spring.

512ke
May 5, 2004, 01:27 AM
I'll see if I can check back into that Apple store just for grins at some point this week. However, I think you're right. Sounds like those "boxes" were full of something other than a major product update or introduction!