PDA

View Full Version : In-flight cuisine

radhak
May 4, 2004, 08:46 AM
High-flying frog stows away in in-flight salad (http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0002/20040503/2044691479.htm)

I always mistrusted salads that was not chopped in front of me. A frog is too high in calories for me :p

krimson
May 4, 2004, 09:23 AM
too bad they dont have real in-flight kitchens... skin, batter and deep fry that in butter.

baby duck monge
May 7, 2004, 02:22 PM
i don't see what the big deal is. just like a salad with chicken, but more exotic. :D ;) :cool:

Koodauw
May 8, 2004, 12:53 AM
Why did they have to kill it? Was it for health reasons?

Daveman Deluxe
May 8, 2004, 01:26 AM
Koodauw: Assuming it was an interregional flight, they killed the frog because they don't want exotic (to the destination) animals disrupting the ecosystem. It's happened before and has sometimes caused species to go extinct.

Koodauw
May 9, 2004, 12:40 PM
Koodauw: Assuming it was an interregional flight, they killed the frog because they don't want exotic (to the destination) animals disrupting the ecosystem. It's happened before and has sometimes caused species to go extinct.

HAHA, yeah your right. I saw that on the Simpsons once, so it must be true!!!!

wdlove
May 9, 2004, 02:04 PM
Actually frog legs are quite delicious. I had them for my birthday once. They taste like chicken. :)

windowsblowsass
May 9, 2004, 02:13 PM
Actually frog legs are quite delicious. I had them for my birthday once. They taste like chicken. :)
what doesnt taste like chicken or maybe chicken ust tastes like everything not everything is like chicken. ;) anybody ever have rattlesnake it like chicken except rubbery

Sparky's
May 9, 2004, 02:36 PM
Rattlesnake tastes nothing like chicken. I wish people would stop saying it, especially when marinated in "Sparky's Marinade®" then slow smoked over hickory chips and served with a sharp white chedder and wheat crackers, with a crisp Shiraz. :D

wdlove
May 9, 2004, 03:24 PM
Rattlesnake tastes nothing like chicken. I wish people would stop saying it, especially when marinated in "Sparky's Marinade®" then slow smoked over hickory chips and served with a sharp white chedder and wheat crackers, with a crisp Shiraz. :D

Except for the Shiraz that sounds delicious. Maybe we could get together sometime my friend! :D

Sparky's
May 9, 2004, 03:49 PM
I'm open to suggestions as far as the wine. I had a great Cabernet Savignon last night with a top serloin. :D

I would need to call my friends in Arizona to ship some Snake meat to me.

sushi
May 9, 2004, 06:33 PM
too bad they dont have real in-flight kitchens... skin, batter and deep fry that in butter.
He He! Nothing like a warm cooked meal! :D

Sushi

sushi
May 9, 2004, 06:41 PM
i don't see what the big deal is. just like a salad with chicken, but more exotic. :D ;) :cool:Reminds me of a funny story.

My friend's family was hosting a big get together. Time came to freshen up the nuts. So they opened a can of dry roasted peanuts, and quickly poured the contents by turning the can upside down. Well, the peanuts came out and on top was a small dry roasted frog. Just laying there spread eagle style.

Needless to say, it was the talk of the party.

Sushi

ecche
May 10, 2004, 01:27 AM
First I thought this was a hoax. American airlines no longer serve meals on their flights, as they might be used as nourishment by terrorists . LOL (I think I read this in one of Dave Barry's columns - www.davebarry.com)

Now I see it was a QUANTAS flight. Sure, it couldn't have happened here, I guess.