View Full Version : Computer doesn't recognize my iPod
May 22, 2009, 01:52 AM
hi guys. i have a prob with my ipod. can anybody help? my computer does not no that it is there. the usb ports are fine and it doesnt come up in itune either. the ipod still works ok just like to no if its stuffed
May 23, 2009, 06:11 AM
Does the iPod say it's connected? Do you have a pc with windows or a mac? Maybe it's the cable. Try powering your computer down. Then connect your iPod. Then start the computer again.
May 23, 2009, 06:53 AM
If when you connect the ipod- the "Do no disconnect" screen does not come up- then you can try putting the ipod into forced disk mode. This will force the ipod to connect to your pc/mac
1. Before placing the iPod into disk mode, you should verify that it is charged.
2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
4. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
5. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will change and say "Do not disconnect"
From here I suppose you could always perform a restore.
May 23, 2009, 02:53 PM
Note that there are about eleventy-billion (not a real number, I know) troubleshooting steps for Windows and iPod recognition, so here's hoping that you have a Mac to troubleshoot with. Look in the additional information section in the article for disambiguation between the Mac OS and Windows steps.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.