PDA

View Full Version : Medieval II Total War 1.3 on a Macbook Pro

richei
May 24, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hi, I recently got myself a MBP and decided to try and run Medieval II Total War on it. I went through all the usual stages of running boot camp and parallels 4 and then went ahead and installed the game, which I immediately updated with all the patches.

My problems are twofold:

Firstly, when I've booted straight to Windows (so not using virtualization), the game won't even start; says there's been an unspecified error. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

Secondly, I can run the game in Parallels, but I can't save any games; it says that it's unable to write to the drive.

Is this because I'm using a patched 1.3 version perhaps? Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

richei
May 26, 2009, 11:21 AM
Shame there haven't been any replies, but I've done some more testing, and this is what I found:..

1. Medieval II Total War 1.2 works like a dream on a MBP, so if you're using a MBP, don't even bother trying to run Medieval II TW 1.3, as you can't save games.

2. The game wasn't starting up properly because I hadn't installed all the mac drivers from the operating system DVD after going through the boot camp process!

Hope that solves your problem (directed at myself...:p)

xx :)