PDA

View Full Version : Does Apple sell a separate multitouch trackpad?

*LTD*
May 26, 2009, 02:18 PM
In place of a mouse?

I'm using my Macbook Pro as a desktop, with a large display attached. The trackpad on the MBP isn't easily accessible from where I am.

I wouldn't mind an external multitouch trackpad of some kind, but one that does the same gestures as Apple's. But maybe that's a patent issue?

Tallest Skil
May 26, 2009, 02:19 PM
A quick look on the Apple site shows that no, they do not sell this.

You're ready for OS XI, aren't you. Good for you! :D

appleguy123
May 26, 2009, 02:23 PM
In place of a mouse?

I'm using my Macbook Pro as a desktop, with a large display attached. The trackpad on the MBP isn't easily accessible from where I am.

I wouldn't mind an external multitouch trackpad of some kind, but one that does the same gestures as Apple's. But maybe that's a patent issue?

there are iphone and ipod touch apps like touch pad elite that do just that very easily.

jav6454
May 26, 2009, 02:23 PM
In place of a mouse?

No. Only the mighty mouse.

marold280
May 26, 2009, 02:25 PM
Mighty mouse only. would be a nice idea though. a really big on that could do 9 finger gestures XD

akm3
May 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
No but they should. They should make it the default bundle with desktops, too. Possibly building it into the keyboard.

*LTD*
May 26, 2009, 03:59 PM
No but they should. They should make it the default bundle with desktops, too. Possibly building it into the keyboard.

Agreed. Not a big deal, really. But it would be nice.