PDA

View Full Version : No Airport after Wakeup

Jeewhizz
May 6, 2004, 01:09 PM
Once i wakup my PB after its been sleeping, every now and then, there is no airport signal. I have to turn airport off and then on again for it to get a signal. Does anyone know why this is?

Cheers,

Jee

sonofslim
May 6, 2004, 01:55 PM
are you using the most recent Airport update? (check Software Update to see if it wants you to install a newer Airport utility.)

calhobbes
May 6, 2004, 02:15 PM
What router are you using? I have the same issue using the D-Link DI-624 on a new 12" 1.33 PB.

Jeewhizz
May 6, 2004, 07:21 PM
i am using the latest airport update, and using the linksys WRT54G router... its a random occurence, but sligtly annoying...

Jee

chw
May 6, 2004, 08:24 PM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. It wasn't waking up but on boot up. For some reason no Airport. :confused:

sonofslim
May 7, 2004, 03:56 PM
i am using the latest airport update, and using the linksys WRT54G router

so am i. i used to have that problem almost every wake, but that was a few airport utility revs ago. do you have your location set to a custom setting, or the default? sometimes the default auto-detect isn't so great.

NuPowerbook
May 7, 2004, 06:33 PM
Whoa, I thought this was only me, so I ignored it. Since I think AirPort 3.3, it has been happening to me (may be 3.4, I dont remember). I am using the AirPort Extreme base station. The way I got it to work, is I have to manually reconnect it to the router by clicking the airport icon, then click 'Other' and retype my stuff.

Jeewhizz
May 10, 2004, 09:14 AM
I have it connecting to a specific network SSID - and it works sometimes, and other times doesn't :(

Jee

mcadam
May 10, 2004, 09:23 AM
Once i wakup my PB after its been sleeping, every now and then, there is no airport signal. I have to turn airport off and then on again for it to get a signal.

i have the exact same problem on the network at home - but not at my university... so i guess it doesn't depend on my computer, but on the network!?

calhobbes
May 13, 2004, 08:05 PM
This solution seems to have fixed the problem on my computer:
In the Network Preferences, choose to show AirPort.
Then, choose to join your a specific network by default, choose your Network, and enter your password. I have my network using WEP Password security, and now that I have the password entered into the System Preferences, my computer automatically connects when starting or waking up.