PDA

View Full Version : This Website

Coolvirus007
May 7, 2004, 09:33 AM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/01/03/how_i_learned_to_stop/

This website has a few interesting things my windows friend showed me. His father apprently used to work for apple but "quit" because the OS was too obsolete. I was about to punch him. Any comments on any good comebacks. He actually told me that Apple was way behind in computer programming languages! What?! Any good combacks and a phone number to a good hitman would be appreciated. (Just so I don't get banned - the hitman phone # was a joke)

jeremy.king
May 7, 2004, 09:42 AM
My first concern is that the article is based on 10.1, which wasn't perfect by far. I encourage the author to try Panther on and see how his opinions might change.

Chip NoVaMac
May 7, 2004, 09:56 AM
My first concern is that the article is based on 10.1, which wasn't perfect by far. I encourage the author to try Panther on and see how his opinions might change.

Well it was written back in 2002

numediaman
May 7, 2004, 10:57 AM
Well it was written back in 2002

You're right, this is really old news. In fact, I didn't switch from the old OS to OS X until just recently (for many reasons).

I currently run 10.3.3, 9.2 & 8.6 -- depending on the computer and the applications. There is no doubt in my mind that I work fastest, with the least amount of trouble when I am in 10.3.3.

The issue of window size while in Classic is still true -- but it is Classic and totally irrelevant to judging OS X.

But this does bring up one point, however: Apple should market OS X more. They should continue to be the best advocate for the OS.