PDA

View Full Version : My Own Handmade Leather iPod Nanochromatic Case

Andrew K.
May 31, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hey guys I had been looking for a simple nice case that wasn't plastic and I could take out and play in my truck or leave it in and listen so I came up with this, this design is based off of MAKR Wallets (http://www.makr.com/index.cfm?fa=products.category&cat=wallets). He makes handmade wallets in limited quantities, he sells an iPhone 3G Case (http://www.makr.com/index.cfm?fa=products.detail&product=73) but no nano cases so I decided to make it myself :) I think it came out pretty good, this is my second time hand stitching leather so I'm still learning. Click on the pics they are much bigger and show more detail. It was a sueded leather, but I washed it with handsoap and let it dry to make it look vintage and weathered.

dukebound85
May 31, 2009, 05:27 PM
very well done

boston04and07
May 31, 2009, 06:45 PM
That looks really cool! The color of the leather looks nice against the grass.

JamesGorman
May 31, 2009, 06:49 PM
thats a really nice case..Good Job!

Andrew K.
May 31, 2009, 06:58 PM
Thanx Guys :D

rdowns
May 31, 2009, 07:01 PM
Very nice.

JCastro
Jun 1, 2009, 06:36 AM
Looks pretty good! The more you do it the better you will get at it too. My dad has been making custom handgun holsters for a long time. I should try this too.

carlosbutler
Jun 1, 2009, 06:42 AM
nice! lets hope that is lasts ages

student_trap
Jun 1, 2009, 07:57 AM
really nice job. Well done:)

adiophilw/amac
Jun 9, 2009, 10:36 PM
Awsome it looks of much better quality and would probably last a whole lot longer then some of the mass produced cases on the market

Andrew K.
Jun 10, 2009, 02:17 AM
Awsome it looks of much better quality and would probably last a whole lot longer then some of the mass produced cases on the market

Thank you :eek: My next one will be a lot cleaner and I'm learning how to finish the edges properly. I am also designing a laptop case for my alu macbook :) hopefully it comes out well, and will definitely post it here.