PDA

View Full Version : Running my iBook to my Cassette In my Car

sethwerkheiser
May 7, 2004, 03:17 PM
Can I just get one of those cassette adapters, plug it into my iBook, and play my songs through my car stereo? I don't want to waste my money on an adapter jsut to find out :)

SilentPanda
May 7, 2004, 03:32 PM
Yup. Anything with an audio out of that nature can be used with the casette adapter.

blue&whiteman
May 7, 2004, 03:38 PM
good idea. you normally only think of using one of those adapters with portable cd players.

rdowns
May 7, 2004, 08:19 PM
And there we have it, the much talked about iPod with color screen, the ability to d/l your photos and your home folder.

abhishekit
May 8, 2004, 02:28 AM
yes, i use that,and i have salling clicker, so i control it with my cellphone.. it works very well..except that i have to keep the ibook open..

cheers

Souljas
May 8, 2004, 04:54 AM
sorry, i was just interested to know how you get the cellphone to control the tracks?

Dreadnought
May 8, 2004, 07:38 AM
Isn't it illegal to have a computer open next to you? Just like talking on your cellphone without a carkit?

ckelley
May 8, 2004, 09:07 AM
I did this once, without Sailing Clicker though... good thing I had set up a playlist before I went driving, navigating iTunes would have definitely caused a crash!

Dreadnought: No it's not illegal to use your phone while driving, at least around here in Ohio.

Souljas: http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/ It's quite a wonderful program :D

abhishekit
May 8, 2004, 11:03 AM
sorry, i was just interested to know how you get the cellphone to control the tracks?
Theres a software called Salling Clicker, it lets you use your bluetooth enabled cellphone as a remote for your bluetooth enabled mac. Its awesome, to say in one word :) , u can download a demo and see yourself.

cheers

Datazoid
May 8, 2004, 12:50 PM
Isn't it illegal to have a computer open next to you? Just like talking on your cellphone without a carkit?

Only here in Cawl-ee-for-nee-ya (California)...Link (http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/projects/new_laws/story/8021182p-8957372c.html)

Dreadnought
May 8, 2004, 07:33 PM
Dreadnought: No it's not illegal to use your phone while driving, at least around here in Ohio.

Well, it is in Europe! The fine for talking on your cellphone in a driving car is as much as a carkit. (little prank from the government!) Fooling around on your laptop is the same. So make sure you have a playlist all set!

Dreadnought
May 8, 2004, 07:35 PM
If you are running your laptop next to you, you can also use it for navigation! Just thought about that, not bad this late in the night! (local time: 2:35 am)

sethwerkheiser
May 9, 2004, 10:06 AM
Wow.. thanks for the response guys. I cant wait to try this out. Much better than burning CD's all the time.