PDA

View Full Version : Adobe BrowserLab

angelwatt
Jun 3, 2009, 09:05 AM
Came across a MacWorld article that talked about a new product from Adobe called BrowserLab (http://www.macworld.co.uk/procreative/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=26181). It lets you render a web page in the various browsers and see how they look. So you can see a page in Safari and have it right next to how it looks in IE. This also works on Mac as well as Windows. I haven't tried it yet as the page requires Flash 10 and I wasn't up for doing that. Let us know if you check this out and give some feedback.

lucidmedia
Jun 3, 2009, 10:19 AM
Came across a MacWorld article that talked about a new product from Adobe called BrowserLab (http://www.macworld.co.uk/procreative/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=26181). It lets you render a web page in the various browsers and see how they look. So you can see a page in Safari and have it right next to how it looks in IE. This also works on Mac as well as Windows. I haven't tried it yet as the page requires Flash 10 and I wasn't up for doing that. Let us know if you check this out and give some feedback.

Interesting find! I am actually surprised that I didn't know about this. They are currently not accepting new beta testers but I will check with the people I work with at Adobe to find out when this will move to public beta.

Sadly, it looks to be entirely static, which is only so useful, but it would be a helpful service...

design-is
Jun 3, 2009, 11:26 AM
It's only hitting the 'buz' today. Very good browser testing platform - Have been using it today!

angelwatt
Jun 3, 2009, 12:22 PM
It's only hitting the 'buz' today. Very good browser testing platform - Have been using it today!

What do you think of it so far? Is it really just like BrowserShots (in that it's static)?

design-is
Jun 3, 2009, 02:18 PM
Yup, still static, but it only takes a couple of seconds to load the image and you can compare 2 browsers at a time side by side or as onion skinned image.

It only shows IE 6 & 7, Firefox 2 & 3 mac and windows, and safari 3 mac. However it is currently free as they are testing (subscription due to take effect upon proper release).

I can see this developing into a really good platform if they give it the resources it needs.

You only need an Adobe ID (which you can get from signing up - can post link if needed) to try it.