PDA

View Full Version : Using Apple LED Cinema Display with PowerBook G4 (just iSight)

Ivo10
Jun 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
The connections won't allow me to hook up the new LED display to my PowerBookG4 (Mac Pro on the way), but I'm wondering whether I can still just use iSight safely without using the actual display. Any ideas on this?

GoCubsGo
Jun 3, 2009, 06:18 PM
I seriously doubt it and if you buy an Apple LED display for just the iSight you're ... well not all that bright.
Why not save $800 and buy an iSight off eBay?

grue
Jun 3, 2009, 06:19 PM
http://spiceweasel.net/desktop-forums.jpg

hellrider
Jun 3, 2009, 06:20 PM
The connections won't allow me to hook up the new LED display to my PowerBookG4 (Mac Pro on the way), but I'm wondering whether I can still just use iSight safely without using the actual display. Any ideas on this?

The iSight + mic are usb powered so yes, it would work. I can unplug my MiniDisplayPort and still use the iSight on my MacBook Pro. (I hope they release DVI adapters soon for your sake - $899 for an iSight? :eek:)

GoCubsGo
Jun 3, 2009, 06:24 PM
http://spiceweasel.net/desktop-forums.jpg

Really? Really!

Next time just report the thread. :rolleyes:

grue
Jun 3, 2009, 06:46 PM
Really? Really!

Next time just report the thread. :rolleyes:

Why bother a mod with something like this? That's like calling the cops because someone parked in your driveway. Just take it up with the person.

Ivo10
Jun 3, 2009, 08:15 PM
@hellrider - Thanks for answering my question.

@others - Please read what I write more carefully before making assumptions :cool:

So I just thought it'd be cool to see what I can do with the laptop, in addition to the Mac Pro. Buying a whole display just for a webcam? Seriously?? :rolleyes:

@grue - Thanks for the heads up, I've seen display-related questions before in this section of the forum, so I didn't look carefully and missed the Peripherals section. My apologies!

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to bring my attention to this in such a witty way! ;)