Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haravikk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hi there,

I'm trying to use PackageMaker 3.0 to create an install-package but I'm having trouble.

What I have are two components that I want to install to the same location, however I want to offer the user the ability to choose that location with a single "Choose Folder" button on the volume-selection screen. How do I do this?

I've created my package with two "root level" choices, one for each component, and within these I've placed a folder with the files for each. One choice is selected and disabled (required), while another is selected and enabled (optional), but both should go to the same folder, without the user having to select a destination for both.
I've tried all different combinations of path, but the best I can get is the ability to individually select the destination on the customise screen, which I don't want.

My second question is; is it possible to specify a component requirement in terms of its target? i.e - if a user choose to install under /Applications/Program/, I want to be able to look in that target folder to see if a required file exists. Is it possible to do this without a script, or are all targets absolute?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.