PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Stolen IPod.

AeroXMetalica
Jun 7, 2009, 09:15 PM
Heres my story:

My friend was begging me to borrow my IPod touch for a day. He kept annoying me so I finally gave him it and told him to return it 2nd period in school. Then, he never showed up. I saw him in 7th period and asked him for my Ipod and he said it got stolen. I was very frustrated.

Soon, I found out that he was lying. He let my other friend borrow my Ipod. So, I went up to him and asked him for it. Then, he said it got stolen.

I went to the guy who "stole" it, but he was actually the brother of the person who took my Ipod. Only response I got was "He said it was nice so hes keeping it. If I give you it back hes going to beat me up" Like WTF man?

So there I am, going crazy for weeks and getting worried. Its been 2 months since it happened.

What should I do now? I'm only 14.

Scarlet Fever
Jun 7, 2009, 09:22 PM
Speak to the teachers and headmaster at the school.

If they can't do anything, there isn't much you can do. You've learnt a lesson the hard way; Don't take valuables to school, and if you do, don't let them out of your sight!

AeroXMetalica
Jun 7, 2009, 09:24 PM
They couldn't do crap.

And I thought it was a hard lesson for me also....

Enigmafan420
Jun 7, 2009, 10:09 PM
They couldn't do crap.

And I thought it was a hard lesson for me also....

I would call the police department-a visit by them to your "friend" will probably get it back.

Course they you will have to be watching your back. Sucks, some friend. Better choose them more carefully.

Lorenz0
Jun 8, 2009, 02:28 AM
.. And if all else fails, assert yourself.

instaxgirl
Jun 8, 2009, 04:04 AM
Parents?

If that's a dead end then police for maybe a wee talk? I'd be furious. If you still have the receipt(I'm not sure if it's on the receipt actually)/box then you'll be able to match up serial numbers. I think the serial numbers are also stored in iTunes somehow.

Mr. Sexy
Jun 8, 2009, 08:41 AM
stop being a ***** and defend your property. It's your iPod not his, beat the **** out of him if he won't give it back. there is no other way, fighting solves all problems.

mathieuheartmac
Jun 8, 2009, 09:20 AM
stop being a ***** and defend your property. It's your iPod not his, beat the **** out of him if he won't give it back. there is no other way, fighting solves all problems.

I hope you are being sarcastic. If not...bad advice.

If you haven't yet, tell your parents and get them to speak to the jerk kid's parents. If that doesn't work, get the police invloved.

And never let a "friend" borrow something that costs as much as an iPod, or means as much to you as the iPod probobly does.

Good luck.

MrMoore
Jun 8, 2009, 09:22 AM

Lovely :eek:

I would try to get the parents involved. Hopefully, this will help. Sorry :(

Consultant
Jun 8, 2009, 09:35 AM
You have the serial and receipt.

Go to police.

DesignerOnMac
Jun 8, 2009, 10:24 AM
Heres my story:

My friend was begging me to borrow my IPod touch for a day. He kept annoying me so I finally gave him it and told him to return it 2nd period in school. Then, he never showed up. I saw him in 7th period and asked him for my Ipod and he said it got stolen. I was very frustrated.

Soon, I found out that he was lying. He let my other friend borrow my Ipod. So, I went up to him and asked him for it. Then, he said it got stolen.

I went to the guy who "stole" it, but he was actually the brother of the person who took my Ipod. Only response I got was "He said it was nice so hes keeping it. If I give you it back hes going to beat me up" Like WTF man?

So there I am, going crazy for weeks and getting worried. Its been 2 months since it happened.

1. I'd go to the police station and report your friend as stealing your iPod. And explain to them how your friend has been lying to you about it being stolen. As suggested the police could nudge him to return it.
2. Inform your parents about the problem, if the police can't or won't help you.
3. Have them call your friends parents and get this resolved.

Dude, you have been waiting 2 months? I would not have. Remember this is YOUR property, and your 'friend' has stolen it from YOU!

fixmymac
Jun 8, 2009, 11:25 AM
Heres my story:

Call me a big softy if you like.... but this annoys me! :mad:

Sure, there are worse crimes to commit, but theft of property really annoys me. Someone has worked hard to pay for this iPod. Why should someone simply decide to keep it because they like it? :confused:

I am not in the USA so i don't know what the best thing to do is. The very least i would do is contact Apple and report it stolen.

In the meantime, i would like to help you if i can. On behalf of the company i run (www.fixmymac.co.uk) i would like to start a fund to replace your iPod for you.

Need to find a way of getting the fund to you (relative's paypal account maybe). Anyway, i will start the fund with a donation of 50.

Anyone else up for doing something thoroughly nice? Spare a few $?? :D

1good-eye
Jun 8, 2009, 11:41 AM

If you haven't yet, tell your parents and get them to speak to the jerk kid's parents. If that doesn't work, get the police invloved.

And never let a "friend" borrow something that costs as much as an iPod, or means as much to you as the iPod probobly does.

Good luck.

I don't think that is very sarcastic at all.

At first I was going to tell you to punch the kid in the head and take your property back. But since you kids today only know how to shoot and are too scared to put up a "fair one" that should be a last resort.

You're 14 and no time like the present to learn to stand on your own two feet. You can run to mommy and teachers all you want, and the rest of the kids are going to treat you like a punk; tattle tale.

Or you can confront this kid every opportunity you get. Make it inconvenient for him and force your point. If he pushes you push back. Be the aggressor. You need to learn not to let people take things from you. You should want this kid to know that everyday he wakes up he knows for sure he is going to have to deal with you one way or another. Everyday.

Bullies back down from aggression because they are usually scared themselves. Fact. Getting punched only hurts a little. Fact. And punching someone sometimes hurts you more. Fact. If somebody hits you, hit them back and hard.

Keep being a problem for this kid until you get what you want. Don't give up and stand your ground. The reward isn't just getting your ipod back the feeling of victory as a MAN. It's just life and nobody promised you it would be easy or fair.

Good luck

BROCK22
Jun 8, 2009, 01:23 PM
i think asserting yourself isnt a bad idea. Also, dont you have other friends who agree with you that this situation isn't your fault? If so, then you can definitely stand up for yourself, because there will be people there supporting you and backing you up if something were to happen.

Obviously none of us know who this person who took your ipod is, so if you think there is a risk of them doing something violent, then take that into consideration.

This situation is all about weighing your costs and your benefits. Stand up for yourself and possibly get the mighty fist. Or live with your mistake and know your face will be without a black eye. How much does this ipod mean to you?

MTI
Jun 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
Starting a thread on a world wide forum about having your mates knicking your ipod . . . you gets what you deserve from the responses. ;)

mrburney
Jun 8, 2009, 04:22 PM
Find the toughest guy around and offer him some money to get it back for you. I mean, seriously, don't kids play GTA anymore? Lessons, people! Life lessons! Don't you have any older siblings or cousins or anything?

Lorenz0
Jun 8, 2009, 05:11 PM
just to be clear... when I said assert yourself. I meant old-skool fists thrown assertion.

confront this kid every opportunity you get. Make it inconvenient for him and force your point. If he pushes you push back. Be the aggressor. You need to learn not to let people take things from you. You should want this kid to know that everyday he wakes up he knows for sure he is going to have to deal with you one way or another. Everyday.

I couldn't have put it more eloquently myself.

Quite a polarizing thread this. Interesting.

northy124
Jun 8, 2009, 05:38 PM
<Snip>
OK so lets see, you lend the iPod to your mate, he lies to you 7th period, why didn't you nut him? that is what I did when my mate tried to say it got stolen (it actually did but how was I supposed to know that, he isn't the most honest guy lol), and you have waited 2 months, mate suck it up and go to cops or steal it back.

AeroXMetalica
Jun 8, 2009, 05:42 PM
I can't actually like push the kid around. It's his bro who doesn't want to give it back. And his bro happens to be 16.

Only way is to face my parents. But I might get yelled since they are pretty strict...

northy124
Jun 8, 2009, 05:45 PM
My god, make the little bros life hell until the @$$ of an older bro gives in or beats you, stand up for your stuff man.

At 14 I'd been in loads of fights, it makes you a man :D IDK what is happening in the world today with all this anti-fight stuff:eek:

KingOfTheRoad
Jun 8, 2009, 06:50 PM
Tell the cops, tell your parents, tell the school. Appeal to all of their sense of fairness and justice. EVERYONE hates thieves, criminals, and bullies.

In fact, that 16 year old needs a good old fashioned tune up. Post your city and state, kid. There are thousands of iPod fanboys on here who boil at the thought of a bully stealing some kid's iPod. Granted, many of them are pasty-white pencil-necked geeks who shouldn't take on a 16 year old, but you never know...

HEY iPod fans: Anyone in this kid's city/state willing to have a good old fashioned chat with the 16 year old? It should only take a few minutes to inform him of his options and let him know what is in his best interest.

You did screw up kid, but you deserve justice like anybody else.

Mr. Sexy
Jun 11, 2009, 10:12 PM

Good luck.

no sarcasm in the least bit. People need to stand up for what is theirs. Don't take **** from no one. People today are to soft

Mr_Brightside_@
Jun 11, 2009, 10:51 PM
You've waited two months because...?
That is not going to help you.
iPod serial numbers are also kept in com.apple.iPod.plist files ;)