PDA

View Full Version : Weird Powerbook Display: Solarized!

swizzlestick
May 10, 2004, 10:34 PM
Hi...I wonder if anyone has seen this. I was running Jaguar on my 15" aluminum PB and one day I came home to find the display completely "solarized" in black and white. Very bizarre. I installed Panther and it is still like this. The machine boots in regular color (and did the entire Panther install in color), displays my desktop in regular color for a moment and then everything goes blooey. I've done a reset...nothing changes. Someone suggested bad logic board.
Has anyone experienced this?? Please email me...

thanks,

paul

aswitcher
May 10, 2004, 10:40 PM
Hi...I wonder if anyone has seen this. I was running Jaguar on my 15" aluminum PB and one day I came home to find the display completely "solarized" in black and white. Very bizarre. I installed Panther and it is still like this. The machine boots in regular color (and did the entire Panther install in color), displays my desktop in regular color for a moment and then everything goes blooey. I've done a reset...nothing changes. Someone suggested bad logic board.
Has anyone experienced this?? Please email me...

thanks,

paul

So no config setups change this...how odd. Have you tried recalibrating your screen under Display -> Color ?

Datazoid
May 10, 2004, 11:18 PM
Does Control-Option-Command-8 do anything?

bwawn
May 11, 2004, 12:06 AM
Have you checked System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Switch to White on Black? (If this is the culprit, the button should actually say "Switch to Black on White.")

EDIT: Datazoid's key sequence is the shortcut for my suggestion. Didn't realize that.

michaelrjohnson
May 11, 2004, 12:33 AM
that's very bizarre considering it has to switch into b&w mode... my suggestion is the same as those above.

swizzlestick
May 11, 2004, 10:15 AM
Hi..thanks for the replies. It was the Universal Access setting, which I didn't even know existed! I think Larry the cat must have sat on the keyboard and did it when I looked away. This saved me a trip to service center who said they thought it was a logic board issue.
Much appreciated- good thinking!!!

paul