PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any recommendations for a used $200 electric guitar?

MacsBestFriend
Jun 9, 2009, 07:32 PM
It needs to be a strat and something that will last. I would prefer a Fender or Gibson (Premium brands). I'm going to the store on Saturday to look- WOOT! :D

Galley
Jun 9, 2009, 09:01 PM
Fender Squier Strats can be had for $200 NEW.

Ttownbeast
Jun 9, 2009, 09:36 PM
I recommend Washburn but then again I'm a bassist WTF do I know about a six string:D

John.B
Jun 9, 2009, 09:44 PM
Look around for a good used MIM Strat? Or save your pennies for a new MIM Strat? :cool:

mikes70mustang
Jun 10, 2009, 12:48 AM
UR not gonna get a strat for 200. Not a fender at least, and sure not american. But i got a lefty so that might have been my problem too.

CalumC
Jun 10, 2009, 02:50 AM
You've got no chance of getting a fender strat for $200. Even mexican should be around $400 2nd hand. You could get a squier standard for $200 i would think, that would last a fair while, that or theres the squier affinity range which you could certainly get brand new for $200, but frankly they're ****.

MacsBestFriend
Jun 10, 2009, 06:28 AM
between the two if i bought new, would a squire standard black and chrome or an ibanez rg120 be better?

zimv20
Jun 10, 2009, 08:27 AM
why don't you just go out and play some guitars until you find one you like? what does anyone here know about how you play and what you like?

MacsBestFriend
Jun 10, 2009, 05:31 PM
why don't you just go out and play some guitars until you find one you like? what does anyone here know about how you play and what you like?

i know, i just want some heads up when i go to the shop this weekend :o

mikes70mustang
Jun 10, 2009, 10:45 PM
i know, i just want some heads up when i go to the shop this weekend :o

Go look for a used strat(fender) you cant go wrong with that. Pickups are easy to replace if their messed up. Plus, the well used ones look cool:cool:

3paulx
Jun 11, 2009, 04:28 AM
I'd choose Squiers (indon) over Ibby Rgs (indon/korea) anytime of the day but if its Indon Squier Strat vs Japanese Ibanez RG, i'd go for the MIJs. hehehe

maudioguitarris
Jun 11, 2009, 05:58 AM
i'd recommend either a yamaha pacifica 112 or a squier by fender strat. great guitars for the price, and you can get them brand new for under 200.

i bought a squier with a sunburst finish about a week ago, i could take pics if you want - it's just beautiful. sounds amazing and it feels awesome too. however... you might want to check out the pac112 (pacifica 112) - built with great quality parts and a lot of experienced guitarists recommend it and go as far as saying they wouldn't think twice about playing the guitar live if one of their expensive (1000+) guitars went missing. i went for the squier because they wouldn't ship the pacifica to where i live.

MacsBestFriend
Jun 16, 2009, 05:06 PM
i'd recommend either a yamaha pacifica 112 or a squier by fender strat. great guitars for the price, and you can get them brand new for under 200.

i bought a squier with a sunburst finish about a week ago, i could take pics if you want - it's just beautiful. sounds amazing and it feels awesome too. however... you might want to check out the pac112 (pacifica 112) - built with great quality parts and a lot of experienced guitarists recommend it and go as far as saying they wouldn't think twice about playing the guitar live if one of their expensive (1000+) guitars went missing. i went for the squier because they wouldn't ship the pacifica to where i live.

If you could post some pics that would be great! Thanks! :D

musio
Jul 8, 2009, 08:54 AM
it's best to try your guitar in a shop. no two guitars ever feel the same!
it's very personal, like choosing a child or pet.
go, play, feel and fall in love with your axe....there's nothing like it.

zimv20
Jul 8, 2009, 09:14 AM
like choosing a child

yes, i never buy children online anymore.

:-)