Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
UR not gonna get a strat for 200. Not a fender at least, and sure not american. But i got a lefty so that might have been my problem too.

CalumC

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
Leeds, UK
You've got no chance of getting a fender strat for $200. Even mexican should be around $400 2nd hand. You could get a squier standard for $200 i would think, that would last a fair while, that or theres the squier affinity range which you could certainly get brand new for $200, but frankly they're ****.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
why don't you just go out and play some guitars until you find one you like? what does anyone here know about how you play and what you like?

3paulx

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2009
I'd choose Squiers (indon) over Ibby Rgs (indon/korea) anytime of the day but if its Indon Squier Strat vs Japanese Ibanez RG, i'd go for the MIJs. hehehe

maudioguitarris

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
i'd recommend either a yamaha pacifica 112 or a squier by fender strat. great guitars for the price, and you can get them brand new for under 200.

i bought a squier with a sunburst finish about a week ago, i could take pics if you want - it's just beautiful. sounds amazing and it feels awesome too. however... you might want to check out the pac112 (pacifica 112) - built with great quality parts and a lot of experienced guitarists recommend it and go as far as saying they wouldn't think twice about playing the guitar live if one of their expensive (1000+) guitars went missing. i went for the squier because they wouldn't ship the pacifica to where i live.

MacsBestFriend

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
upstate ny (purgatory)
i'd recommend either a yamaha pacifica 112 or a squier by fender strat. great guitars for the price, and you can get them brand new for under 200.

i bought a squier with a sunburst finish about a week ago, i could take pics if you want - it's just beautiful. sounds amazing and it feels awesome too. however... you might want to check out the pac112 (pacifica 112) - built with great quality parts and a lot of experienced guitarists recommend it and go as far as saying they wouldn't think twice about playing the guitar live if one of their expensive (1000+) guitars went missing. i went for the squier because they wouldn't ship the pacifica to where i live.

If you could post some pics that would be great! Thanks! :D

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
it's best to try your guitar in a shop. no two guitars ever feel the same!
it's very personal, like choosing a child or pet.
go, play, feel and fall in love with your axe....there's nothing like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.