PDA

View Full Version : ATi TV Wonder USB 2.0

WALoeIII
May 12, 2004, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know if this product will be compatible with Macintoshes? I would really like to use this on my G4 PowerBook when its released. Its the idea solution for watching TV in my dorm room.

Sparky's
May 12, 2004, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know if this product will be compatible with Macintoshes? I would really like to use this on my G4 PowerBook when its released. Its the idea solution for watching TV in my dorm room.

I just went on to ATi's web site and went to Products>Multimedia>(scroll way down to the bottom)Mac Products. It wasn't listed, so I wrote an e-mail to the pre-sales office and asked them if the ATi TV World USB v.2.0 would be Mac compatible.

Interesting concept, maybe you could do the same :rolleyes:

WALoeIII
May 12, 2004, 08:05 PM
I just went on to ATi's web site and went to Products>Multimedia>(scroll way down to the bottom)Mac Products. It wasn't listed, so I wrote an e-mail to the pre-sales office and asked them if the ATi TV World USB v.2.0 would be Mac compatible.

Interesting concept, maybe you could do the same :rolleyes:

Well since you've already done it maybe you could post a reply and save everyone of us alot of leg work?

tomf87
May 12, 2004, 08:57 PM
Here's a solution for the Mac:

http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_converters

Not sure how the pricing compares, but the Formac offers Firewire and multiple input/output options.

Sparky's
May 13, 2004, 08:24 PM
Received EST 9:57 am
Guess this answers it.

Dear,

Thank you for contacting ATI Customer Care Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your email has been assigned:
TicketGUID:{86CC2950-A2FB-4E5B-8F9F-A966A5A1D977}

Please include the above identifier in all future correspondence
relating to this ticket. Note: The TicketGUID identifier must appear
in the message body, not in the subject line.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding TV Wonder USB

At the moment plans are for a PC version. Please check the following link for any updates:

http://www.ati.com/products/tvwonderusb20/features.html

Regards,

Gurnak Kang
Customer Care Canada
ATI Technologies, Inc.
ati.com

Mord
May 15, 2004, 04:31 PM
damn you ati

BornAgainMac
May 15, 2004, 05:06 PM
This is probably one of those marketshare issues rather than a technology issue. They can't justify a programmer's salary to produce a product that won't bring in a profit.

I got 2 people to be switchers in the last 2 months. And Microsoft is going backwards or at least idle with new Windows technology progress. The virus didn't help them and a lot of people were pissed. I noticed the CompUSA Mac section in my city is getting much more crowded with people "Buying" software. The software selection wasn't great.

I want this ATI Wonder TV product to work on the Mac.