PDA

View Full Version : Finally Fixed

oldschool
May 14, 2004, 02:52 PM
After countless hours on the phone with Canada Apple care, I am finally getting my display and case replaced on my powerbook. I had corrosion on the palm rest, a creaking palm rest, white spots and uneven illumination.

At first they said that the corrosion wasn't covered, and the customer service representative had the balls to tell me to "wash my hands more frequently". Is this how you treat somebody who has purchased thousands of dollars of computer equipment?

But they are going to replace the case, but only as a "one time exception" so if this happens again, then they are not going to cover it, which i find ridiculous.

Any suggestions? are they strict on these one time exceptions?

PowerMacMan
May 14, 2004, 03:21 PM
Don't wash your hands too frequently, as that's a disease. :p Take into consideration that Apple doesn't have to replace it and the fact that they are, you should be glad.

edesignuk
May 14, 2004, 03:43 PM
Don't wash your hands too frequently, as that's a disease. :p Take into consideration that Apple doesn't have to replace it and the fact that they are, you should be glad.
Oldschool "should be glad"!?!?!? Are you kidding me!? he should be able to expect a replacement with all the problems described.

michaelrjohnson
May 14, 2004, 04:36 PM
Oldschool "should be glad"!?!?!? Are you kidding me!? he should be able to expect a replacement with all the problems described.

He SHOULD expect replacement for uneven illumination and white spots... as for the other stuff, (assuming they are fixing that too) she should be glad. Because that kind of wear is never covered in warranties.

for all of the nagging and phone calls you went through, i commend you. many people would have just given up. thanks for holding apple true to its standards.

oldschool
May 14, 2004, 05:46 PM
first of all it's HE, but that doesn't matter :)

anyways edesignuk you are right. I should expect a replacement. However i've spent enough time on the phone. If this fix doesn't work then i'll demand a replacement.

furthermore, I was quite insulted by them suggesting my hygiene is sub par. I work in a lab, and nobody washes their hands more than me, but that is besides the point. I asked if apple had any "standard technical hygiene requirements" such as number of hours between hand washes, type of hand lotions, soap and such. Because if they don't have standard cleanliness requirements, then they can't say that the problem was caused by my computer being dirty because they can't define dirty.

He SHOULD expect replacement for uneven illumination and white spots... as for the other stuff, (assuming they are fixing that too) she should be glad. Because that kind of wear is never covered in warranties.

for all of the nagging and phone calls you went through, i commend you. many people would have just given up. thanks for holding apple true to its standards.