PDA

View Full Version : tried to exchange UMB for MBP got $250.00 instead

ikos
Jun 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
today my wife and I went to the apple store to buy her a new 13" MBP, I had purchased mine a month prior when it was a MacBook. so I asked the manager if I could replace mine for the new MBP, she said she could not do that ( I though it was worth a shot! ) but was willing to adjust my receipt with a refund of $250, apparently my Macbook is now worth $1499 and I paid $1749 so at least I walked out of the store with $250!

BTW I'm in Toronto, Canada thats why the prices are higher.

molala
Jun 14, 2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks and well done for trying. If you are happy with your MacBook anyway, the $250 back is probably a better deal. That's a good Apple story - it's little things like this that keep customers loyal.

HLdan
Jun 14, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hmm, that's interesting. I guess Apple just doesn't want the Macbook back in their possession. If they were willing to give $250 credit back I can't see why they wouldn't just charge the OP a restocking fee and let him exchange his computer?

unixufan
Jun 14, 2009, 07:20 PM
today my wife and I went to the apple store to buy her a new 13" MBP, I had purchased mine a month prior when it was a MacBook. so I asked the manager if I could replace mine for the new MBP, she said she could not do that ( I though it was worth a shot! ) but was willing to adjust my receipt with a refund of $250, apparently my Macbook is now worth $1499 and I paid $1749 so at least I walked out of the store with $250!

BTW I'm in Toronto, Canada thats why the prices are higher.

not bad. I'm in the same situation as you were, the only diff is I bought mine at apple.ca about two weeks ago. So, I'm not sure apple store would be willing to deal with macbook ordered online. btw, did you pay for the restocking fee? I'm in Toronto too, the closest apple store is Eaton Center, which person did talk to ?

swingerofbirch
Jun 14, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hmm, that's interesting. I guess Apple just doesn't want the Macbook back in their possession. If they were willing to give $250 credit back I can't see why they wouldn't just charge the OP a restocking fee and let him exchange his computer?

It's cheaper than certifying the computer to sell as a refurb. I think. Maybe. I make stuff up sometimes when it feels right.

ikos
Jun 14, 2009, 07:46 PM
not bad. I'm in the same situation as you were, the only diff is I bought mine at apple.ca about two weeks ago. So, I'm not sure apple store would be willing to deal with macbook ordered online. btw, did you pay for the restocking fee? I'm in Toronto too, the closest apple store is Eaton Center, which person did talk to ?

no restocking fee, did not return computer.

yoyomaster
Jun 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a good deal if you don't really care that you did not get a new macbook pro.

student_trap
Jun 14, 2009, 08:05 PM
great news, hopefully more people will have as much luck, it's always annoying when you pay a lot for something that is so quickly outdated!

ikos
Jun 14, 2009, 09:41 PM
great news, hopefully more people will have as much luck, it's always annoying when you pay a lot for something that is so quickly outdated!

come on man I wouldn't say it's outdated, it's still a great MacBook!

Zafeer
Jun 15, 2009, 11:44 PM
I hope they will do the same for me!