PDA

View Full Version : anyone got this error message.

senseibiz
Jun 15, 2009, 12:51 PM
every time I try to sync my apple tv with my powermac I get this error message. its getting really annoying. then I check apple TV and it working correctly, I go apple store on it and works fine.
any ideas why this is happening.
Thanks,
Sensei

geoffreak
Jun 15, 2009, 01:49 PM
One or more videos (63 in your case) you are trying to sync to the Apple TV aren't encoded in the correct profile. They will need to be re-encoded in order to sync. The ATV is also only capable of 720p max resolution.
Click the arrow to see which items cause the problem.

senseibiz
Jun 15, 2009, 04:01 PM
all 63 errors are music videos, movies I purchased on itunes

macuser154
Jun 15, 2009, 04:21 PM
Your Mac is saying that it can't contact the iTunes Store to make sure that you are allowed to use the videos you have paid for. I can't really figure out why though.

geoffreak
Jun 15, 2009, 05:20 PM
Is the Apple TV authorized with your account?

senseibiz
Jun 15, 2009, 11:15 PM
Is the Apple TV authorized with your account?

Yes.. I can purchase and rent movies

dmm219
Jun 16, 2009, 06:55 AM
Yes. See the "is iTunes deleting DRM content from my ATV" thread below. This has been on on going issue for the past 3-4 months now. A lot of people are having this issue. Your set up in probably fine...

kadeschs
Jun 16, 2009, 11:45 AM
Glad I get all of my library content from other places other than iTunes Store. Sounds like too much of a hassle to me. I think I'll continue to stay clear of the store until I'm sure that adding (and keeping) new content is easy. Thanks for the info.