PDA

View Full Version : archos jukebox problems w/ ibook g4

brsboarder
May 17, 2004, 07:33 PM
I just got a older 20gb archos jukebox studio from a friend, i downloaded the drivers for jaguar, im running the newest version, didnt see any other drivers, anyways, the drive shows up, but when i wanna copy stuff from it, it freezes, whats the deal

thatwendigo
May 17, 2004, 09:22 PM
<joke>Well, the obvious problem is that you're using Archos.</joke> ;)

That aside, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Have you tried speaking to Archos' technical support about the problem, or searching their website for guidelines or known issues? That's usually a good step to take when something like this happens.

I'd try to help more, but I neither have an Archos (I love my iPod! :D ) nor do I know what their drivers do or where they're installed.

brsboarder
May 17, 2004, 10:16 PM
obviously, I just want some music off of it, for myself, I am rockin a ipod

SiliconAddict
May 18, 2004, 01:03 AM
Are there any known firmware updates to the unit? If its an older one there might be.

7on
May 18, 2004, 01:55 PM
Could the Archos hdd be damaged?

adamjay
May 26, 2004, 03:14 AM
what version of Jaguar are you running ? .. .at least 10.2.4 i hope

i've been having zero problems with Mac compatibilty of my Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB, have been using it with a G4 powerbook, G4 iBook (both running 10.3.3), and a PC occasionally

oh yea and for $240 i highly recommend it versus the iPod... and best of all it matches my 12" Powerbook!