PDA

View Full Version : Radtech...Do you own anything from them?

iEric
May 18, 2004, 12:31 AM
If you do, do you perhaps own something for a Powerbook - along the lines of accessories.
Please leave a review for me and tell me what I should get for my new PB.

I love the sleeve and I like the little tabby things to prevent the screen from touching the keyboard. But if i have those, do i need the keyboard softy cloth thing?

FuzzyBallz
May 18, 2004, 01:04 AM
The ScreensavRz is the best product I've used for LCD cleaning, ever. I bought it for my 15" PB, and use it to clean all my LCD monitors and notebook screens. Just add water. The PowerSleevz is also good as a 1st lvl protection against scratches inside and outside of whatever bag you use to carry your notebook.

robbieduncan
May 18, 2004, 04:17 AM
I have one of the ScreensavRz for my PB as well. Seems pretty good.

iEric
May 18, 2004, 08:33 AM
Do the new AluPB have the problem where the screen touches the keyboard and the oils and the board damage the screen..such as the TiPB...

aricher
May 18, 2004, 10:22 AM
I have both the ScreensavRz and the WildEeps. When i first bought my PB 17 1.33 I had nothing. After a couple of weeks the outer edges of the bezel around the screen and the outer edges of the palmrests started to show black rub marks. Couldn't remve the black - it was the annodized Al rubbing thin - ugh. I took my PB into the local Mac store and the "Genius" said that it was cosmetic issue and that they wouldn't fix it. I asked why the 15" had the little spacers on the outer edges while the 17 only has it in the center - he had no answer.

A few weeks later i noticed a couple of very minor pinky sized dark spots one inch from either side at the top of the monitor - under the menu bar. I would have let this go as I couldn't really see the marks durning operation but... I used this screen flaw as a chance to send it in to AppleCare - maybe they would replace the bezel as well. YES, they replaced the screen, the bezel AND the palmrest part!

While waiting on AppleCare (3 days) I bought all the RadTech stuff I could - better safe than sorry. The ScreensavRz is awesome - best product for screencleaning - I use it on my glasses from time to time as well. The WildEeps take a bit of getting used to aesthetically but I can tell that they really help. When closed my PB has no more "edge wobble" when I pick it up.

My suggestion - buy both.