PDA

View Full Version : Get logic now or wait for new version?

user1234
Jun 17, 2009, 09:26 AM
Hi!

I'm about to get Logic Studio and is wondering weather or not you think I should wait for a new version? I have heard a rumor about it being released at WWDC, but that didn't happen. I will be using MainStage a lot, and it hasn't got much love since it was released, so I'm kinda hoping there will be som major improvements to it. Maybe they will wait until Snow Leopard is released in order to use OpenCL in Logic?

If I buy now and a new version comes out next month, do you think I can get the new version without having to pay for a full upgrade?

tweekskratch
Jun 17, 2009, 07:14 PM
Hi!

I'm about to get Logic Studio and is wondering weather or not you think I should wait for a new version? I have heard a rumor about it being released at WWDC, but that didn't happen. I will be using MainStage a lot, and it hasn't got much love since it was released, so I'm kinda hoping there will be som major improvements to it. Maybe they will wait until Snow Leopard is released in order to use OpenCL in Logic?

If I buy now and a new version comes out next month, do you think I can get the new version without having to pay for a full upgrade?

I just put my order in for Logic. I have no clue about the update, but I have heard rumors. Who the hell knows though. I say if you need it now, get it. You could be waiting around for a while? But again, it's a gamble.

ekwipt
Jun 20, 2009, 08:58 AM
There won't be an update until after snow leopard and who knows how long after that, like most computer things, if you need to use it now then buy it now, the upgrade most likely won't cost that much...

user1234
Jun 20, 2009, 09:00 AM
I just put my order in for Logic. I have no clue about the update, but I have heard rumors. Who the hell knows though. I say if you need it now, get it. You could be waiting around for a while? But again, it's a gamble.

There won't be an update until after snow leopard and who knows how long after that, like most computer things, if you need to use it now then buy it now, the upgrade most likely won't cost that much...

Thank you for your answers. I have put my order in and will hopefully get it on monday. I'm really exited! :)

tweekskratch
Jun 20, 2009, 10:49 AM
Thank you for your answers. I have put my order in and will hopefully get it on monday. I'm really exited! :)

Congrats! I just put my order in last week, so I should get mine about Tuesday. It's not worth waiting around for an update, especially when you consider ALL of the things that Logic can do. Enjoy! :)

dave12345
Jun 20, 2009, 11:25 AM
get a cheap copy from ebay ...

ekwipt
Jun 21, 2009, 01:50 AM
congrats!!!