PDA

View Full Version : Issues with iPod Remote!!

DaBuzz
May 18, 2004, 11:49 PM
I thought I posted this earlier, but it seems to have vanished, so please excuse me if this is a duplicate...

Is anyone else experiencing quality issues with the iPod remote? I've gone through about 6 of them (across 4 iPods) since October. They've either frayed at the part that connects to the iPod, or the sound only comes through one channel (ear). I have been very disappointed in the quality of these remotes.

PlaceofDis
May 19, 2004, 12:23 AM
ive never experienced a problem with mine...sorry about your troubles

Phatpat
May 19, 2004, 01:02 AM
I've never used the remote... the cord is just too damn long.

Counterfit
May 19, 2004, 01:08 AM
I think iPods must hate you. 4 since October? :eek: Maybe they're allergic...

jeff.macaddict
May 19, 2004, 01:38 AM
i have had absolutely no fraying or wire exposure, or any problems whatsoever with mine, however, the demo units at the apple store do have problems that you described, due to use by everyone that looks at them, are you rough on it? I dont know how you have the same problem after the bad one was replaced.

FuzzyBallz
May 19, 2004, 02:39 AM
There's something you're not telling us. You must be bending the wire near the remote at odd angles repeatedly over the course of the day, thus damaging the copper wire within. Either that or the culprit's the earphones. Have you tried different phones than the cheap ones that came w/ the pod?

mmmdreg
May 19, 2004, 07:09 AM
Actually, they *are* pretty dodgy IMHO.. my 20gig 2G iPod -> the wire was exposed cos the covering somehow got pulled out of its little hole.. with my 30gig 3G iPod, the wire, again at the base, has half snapped... it's a bit fragile..

in comparison, other brand stuff, although they may have a chunkier doodad connecting to the player, the chunkiness comes with more robustness.. ah well..

I've ditched the remote for now, even though I could probably use it..