PDA

View Full Version : multiple hard drives???

Achtung_U2
May 22, 2004, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone...

Can somebody please let me know if you are able to run 3 (or more) consecutive IDE hard drives in a G4 Sawtooth desktop. It is currently running two.

If so... anything special I need to do re: config, etc.?

Any help/info is much appreciated!

have a nice weekend. Mark ~ :)

FuzzyBallz
May 22, 2004, 01:09 PM
Nothing special, just hook 'em up.

Mav451
May 22, 2004, 01:16 PM
Well I guess he may be asking about jumpers? Just make sure you have the Primary Master/Slave and Secondary Master/Slave set up correctly.

I would presume the Primary Master is your OS drive, Secondary Master your Superdrive/CDRW drive. When you add the additional drives, if what I just said IS your configuration, than make sure the jumpers are Slave for both.

Mr. G4
May 22, 2004, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone...

Can somebody please let me know if you are able to run 3 (or more) consecutive IDE hard drives in a G4 Sawtooth desktop. It is currently running two.

If so... anything special I need to do re: config, etc.?

Any help/info is much appreciated!

have a nice weekend. Mark ~ :)

From your signature it doesn't look like you have a zip drive. Just stock the 3rd drive under the CD-DVD drive it fit perfectly and set you drive to be slave or master depending what your cd-dvr drive is already then plug the power and the ide cable and you are good to go.

idkew
May 22, 2004, 02:33 PM
From your signature it doesn't look like you have a zip drive. Just stock the 3rd drive under the CD-DVD drive it fit perfectly and set you drive to be slave or master depending what your cd-dvr drive is already then plug the power and the ide cable and you are good to go.

you live in la, you can use the word slave anymore.

get with the (worthless) PC times.

Macmaniac
May 22, 2004, 03:44 PM
You might need a card to give you extra ATA connections, I don't think Apple ever gave you the option to have three internal HD's in the Sawtooth without an extra card. On the sawtooth you can actually see imprints on the case for more HD's but Apple never bothered to let you use those spaces since the ATA cable that comes with the computer only has one extra connection.