Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wibbly_pig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
UK
My Ti800 powerbook has been breaking down bit by bit over the last year. When the hard disk packed up a couple of weeks back I decided it was time for something new and ordered a 17" powerbook BTO from the UK Applestore.

They had it shipped in a couple of days. BUT, nothing on the tracking after collection for a week. Then it appeared in Luxembourg. Three days later and it's still there.

I need this for work and for a semi-serious photography hobby. I'm aware that many people (waiting for the initial G5's etc.) have had longer waits as a result of delays in Apple shipping the order. But it's very frustrating twiddling my thumbs waiting for couriers to move the finished article from warehouse to warehouse. I know this happened with a colleague's powerbook. Just wondered if it was common enough that Apple might consider changing shipping company (KUEHNE & NAGEL in this case). It's not good for customer satisfaction and it's not an internal Apple problem....

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
In my experience the tracking facility is mostly a work of fiction. If you're worried about it ring Apple and ask them when it's due. They'll probably be able to give you a more accurate date.

You are right though, stuff does seem to languish in luxembourg for quite a while :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.