Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Missouri
Would really love to see how this runs on medium settings at 1280x800.

If anyone has the setup to do such a thing, I'd really appreciate it!!

ChaosMerdy

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2009
I don't have a video to speak of but I do own the game, as well as a 13" late-2008 aluminum unibody macbook...which in terms of specs is nearly identical to the new 13" pro...and i can safely say that it runs really decently in bootcamp at native res of 1280x800 and settings on medium! Actually I recently beat it and have to say that if you haven't already, its ending is a treat!

Anyway, hope this helps.

asphyxiafeeling

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Cali baby!
I'm sure you can find a few videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9i986jO4I

did you read his post? he was asking about the 13'' MBP, which has the 9400M. the video you posted shows a 15'' MBP with a 8600M GT!

i don't play COD4 in windows, but in OS X the performance is subpar in native (10-25 fps). however, using the console you can do a few tweaks (like turning off shadows) to get great performance (at the cost of a little eye candy). For something like multiplayer where performance and speed is much more important then detail, it's ideal.

In native with shadows off i can probably get at least 25-30 FPS all the time; I'm sure in windows this will be 5-10 FPS higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.