PDA

View Full Version : Remote Combusted (Photos too)




HelixOmnimedia
Jun 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hey,

Used my AppleTV last night like any other night, turned the ATV off, and left the control down. Got up this morning and discovered it had combusted overnight.



GSMiller
Jun 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
Oh wow...*Moves iMac Remote to other side of room*

Peace
Jun 25, 2009, 11:10 AM
How does a tiny remote with a 3V battery combust ?

Darth.Titan
Jun 25, 2009, 11:17 AM
More likely the battery combusted. That sucks though.

Shuttleworth
Jun 25, 2009, 11:30 AM
Was it on the original battery?

NJuul
Jun 25, 2009, 12:06 PM
Why are the buttons mirrored?

jaw04005
Jun 25, 2009, 12:07 PM
Why are the buttons mirrored?

iSight camera.

HelixOmnimedia
Jun 25, 2009, 12:27 PM
Why are the buttons mirrored?

Yes took it with the iSight camera in my MacBook, should look for that setting that flips it after taking.

Was it on the original battery?

Yeah it was the original battery.

Oh well, won't be buying a new one yet, I'll see how the Remote App works with my iPod Touch... talk about perfect timing.

geoffreak
Jun 25, 2009, 12:30 PM
Take it to the Apple store. Make them replace it.

nando2323
Jun 25, 2009, 03:32 PM
Yes took it with the iSight camera in my MacBook, should look for that setting that flips it after taking.



Yeah it was the original battery.

Oh well, won't be buying a new one yet, I'll see how the Remote App works with my iPod Touch... talk about perfect timing.

Remote app on the ATV is great I love it.

jtgotsjets
Jun 25, 2009, 06:30 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/62/This_looks_shopped_.jpg

JoshBoy
Jun 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
Wow, I think i will make sure my remotes are near anything that can catch alight, I either use my iphone or I havge a logitech touchscreen remote that does everything, works great with the apple TV if you are looking to replace it.

Bye Bye Baby
Jun 26, 2009, 03:08 AM
Just lucky you didn't have it in your pants. Or in your bed.

chaos86
Jun 26, 2009, 09:14 AM
I call BS. There's no way the tiny battery in the Apple remote could cause that damage, even if it did combust. Why? It's in the bottom end of the remote, and there's nothing particularly flamable in there to carry flames quickly to the top end before the fire burnt out from lack of oxygen.

Cave Man
Jun 26, 2009, 09:19 AM
I call BS. There's no way the tiny battery in the Apple remote could cause that damage, even if it did combust. Why? It's in the bottom end of the remote, and there's nothing particularly flamable in there to carry flames quickly to the top end before the fire burnt out from lack of oxygen.

It's not from flames. It's the manganese dioxide from the battery.

ibglowin
Jun 26, 2009, 09:42 AM
In the circuit board around the button. Direct short leading to a complete battery drain and melting due to the extreme heat.