PDA

View Full Version : ipod minis in Canada soon?

khreg
May 28, 2004, 03:48 PM
This one's specific to the Canucks on the board. I caught this link on Macsurfer this morning to a Globe & Mail review/article on the iPod Mini:

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040528.gtro6tech/BNStory/TechReviews/

Thought it was curious that the Globe (national newspaper based in Toronto for those who don't know) would run a review for a product that ISN'T even available for sale yet in the Canada ... :confused:

I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts or info on whether this might mean that they will be released here sooner (as in next week-ish) rather than later (July/Aug)??

I'm in Toronto and I did ask one of the local dealers about this a few weeks ago. They told me they were expecting them in July, but today the existence of this review piqued my interest. Smacks of the kind of 'pre-marketing' that Apple likes to do. I have a couple of friends who know i'm a total mac-nerd and keep asking me if i know when they will be able to get one of these little wonders ...

Thoughts, info, opinions?

Thanks all,
k

ps - i'm a long time lurker but this is my first post to the board - if this is the wrong spot to post this, please point me in the right direction ...