PDA

View Full Version : NetBeans 6.7 released

wrldwzrd89
Jun 29, 2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't tried it yet, but I hear it has some nice features, for Java, PHP, and Ruby developers.

http://www.netbeans.org/

Scott6666
Jun 29, 2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Am downloading now.

elppa
Jun 29, 2009, 11:49 AM
Also Downloading now.

Cheers. :)

lazydog
Jun 29, 2009, 11:58 AM
Yup, thanks and downloading it here too!

e n

Meek Wriggle
Jun 29, 2009, 02:42 PM
It's been less than a week since Eclipse released Galileo too! I'm spoiled for choice now.

EDIT: One thing I prefer about Eclipse is that it generates less files when you make a new project. For a newbie to programming, Netbeans looks a little daunting. Eclipse has a streamlined feel about it, although I've heard that Netbeans has better support for creating GUI's in Java.

Cromulent
Jun 30, 2009, 02:33 AM
No matter how much I try and like Netbeans I always end up back with Xcode after a short time. It just runs so much faster than Netbeans.

Still I'd be interested to know if they had managed to speed it up at all in this release.

wrldwzrd89
Jun 30, 2009, 05:12 AM
No matter how much I try and like Netbeans I always end up back with Xcode after a short time. It just runs so much faster than Netbeans.

Still I'd be interested to know if they had managed to speed it up at all in this release.
NetBeans is faster in this release, mostly because of the loading features on demand that it now does. Launch time, however, is still WAY slower than Xcode.

lazydog
Jun 30, 2009, 05:34 AM

Are you running Java 6 64bit?

e n

Cromulent
Jun 30, 2009, 09:36 AM
Are you running Java 6 64bit?

e n

No, J2SE 5 32 bit is my first choice in the Java Preferences.

lazydog
Jun 30, 2009, 10:34 AM
No, J2SE 5 32 bit is my first choice in the Java Preferences.

Okay, I mentioned it because switching to 6 64bit made some other stuff I was working on much faster.

e n

Meek Wriggle
Jun 30, 2009, 12:05 PM
Okay, I mentioned it because switching to 6 64bit made some other stuff I was working on much faster.

e n

How did you do this? Switch the JDK I mean.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. For those who don't know how to change your default JVM just go to Spotlight and type in Java Preferences. Just drag Java 6 up to the top in both the Applet and Application section.

Cromulent
Jun 30, 2009, 05:21 PM

e n

I seem to remember I put it on J2SE 5 32 bit because I was having problems writing some JSPs and Servlets with the 64 bit version of Java 6.