PDA

View Full Version : Quick Networking Question

sisyphus
May 30, 2004, 01:42 PM
Hay all, just a quick question for you all. I got my PB to connect to my winblows computer just fine using the Windows Sharing service. I click on the applekey and K to bring up the 'Connect to server' window and put in all my info, I click 'keep in keychain' so I don't have to enter the user and pass all the bloody time but it never remembers the info. It isn't all the annoying just curious if this can be done.

Thanks All

janey
May 30, 2004, 01:45 PM
the keychain thing works for me...although I dont want it to bah.
Perhaps you got a keychain prob or something, *shrug*

Veldek
May 30, 2004, 01:49 PM
Try Keychain First Help and see if it works.

sisyphus
May 30, 2004, 01:54 PM
I've looked in the help on the net..this is the last resort..*L*

abhishekit
May 30, 2004, 05:05 PM
when u do cmd+k, also add the computer as ur favorite server by clicking the '+' sign. Then do 'keep in keychain'..

hope it wd work

sisyphus
May 30, 2004, 09:28 PM
when u do cmd+k, also add the computer as ur favorite server by clicking the '+' sign. Then do 'keep in keychain'..

hope it wd work

Nope, no goo, didn't work.
Added it to my fav list, logged in with the keychain box checked. Then logged out, then tried to log in again and wasn't autofilled...:(

janey
May 30, 2004, 11:54 PM
Nope, no goo, didn't work.
Added it to my fav list, logged in with the keychain box checked. Then logged out, then tried to log in again and wasn't autofilled...:(
it shouldnt be autofilled. you know that box where it asks you for the password, which looks like this
http://applegoddess.org/files/Miscellaneous/smb-cifs.jpg
it shouldnt even appear, it should already skip to the dialog box that asks you what you want to mount.
Bah, sorry cant help you more :( Never had the problem you're describing.

sisyphus
May 31, 2004, 08:22 AM
Tried all the suggestions, but that damn password window keeps appearing :( The keychain works with everything else though, wonder why it will not work with that..