PDA

View Full Version : Playlist - Delet without asking permission?

DEXTERITY
Jul 2, 2009, 12:47 PM
Greetings,

I hope someone can please help me. Is there anyway to set an option so if you accidentally hit delete while highlighting a playlist you are greeted with a prompt? I've had numerous occasions happen when I'm scanning through songs in a play list and removing certain songs that I accidentally delete the play list. To this day I can't figure out why one wouldn't be prompted (do you mean to delete) before the play list is actually deleted.

Thank you in advance.

Cinematographer
Jul 2, 2009, 02:13 PM
You're not prompted because you probably told iTunes not to do so. :) You can get the original warning settings back: iTunes Preferences -> select the tab on the right -> in the middle of the window it says something like "reset warnings".

DEXTERITY
Jul 2, 2009, 02:26 PM
appreciate the response. I never turned that option off :) I don't see a place to turn it on, nor to reset preferences. hmmmm sounds like such a simple problem to fix lol

Cinematographer
Jul 2, 2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry if I haven't been clear about it.

If you delete a playlist, you're asked if you're sure about it. There's a checkbox where you can choose: Don't ask again.

To get that back, you have to reset the warnings here:

Preferences -> Advanced tab:

DEXTERITY
Jul 2, 2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your time. My version must be cursed. I hit reset all dialog warnings and I'm still able to delete a play list without warning..

The sad thing is I looked in the advance tab and didn't see the reset option the first time around :)

I'm even able to delete a folder without warning.. I could have sworn there is no warning when deleting those. Only when deleting a song.

Do you get a warning message?

Cinematographer
Jul 2, 2009, 03:31 PM
Strange, I always get the warnings, for folders and playlists – if they aren't empty. If there's nothing inside, they disappear right away.

DEXTERITY
Jul 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
It is no working go figure.. Thats my luck :) I appreciate your time and help. Thanks for helping fix the problem! This will save me a lot of headaches.