PDA

View Full Version : Please help - Macbook Bonjour service

kapitalist
Jul 5, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hello,

running an intel macbook 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 320gb hd (leopard 10.5.7, itunes 8.2)

Problem: I just got a brand new iphone 3gs (I friggin love it btw), and I downloaded an app called Remote.app which allows a user to control itunes on a mac via their iphone.

The iphone and app work fine but Itunes is not picking up the device over the wifi network. I have scowered the internet for solutions so please dont post basic stuff like..."are you sure your on the same wifi network," or "check firewall settings" because I have turned off my firewall and itunes still doesnt pick up the iphone under devices to enter my remote.app code.

I did read that my computer needs bonjour service and itunes sharing running. I do remember when I first got my macbook I did not like bonjour running so i turned it off somehow!!! Ive downloaded the prefpane but I cannot get bonjour to work or show up or anything!!!! ive entered terminal commands to turn it on and i cannot even view it in Finder on the side bar!!!

Someone please help!! its soo frustrating. I dont want to have to format to get back to factory settings when snowleopard is right around the corner.

I need a step by step on how to get my itunes (assumingly via Bonjour over the wifi) to pickup my remote.app from my iphone!

NewMacbookPlz
Jul 7, 2009, 07:03 PM
Is this the terminal command you tried:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

kapitalist
Jul 8, 2009, 01:05 AM
I believe so...