PDA

View Full Version : CD Burning not working all of a sudden!

jahbuzzz
Jul 9, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hi,
if anyone can help me on this pretty soon that would be great! Need to burn some stuff soon and I am beginning to hate my Mac!

:mad:

So I do everything as normal, then it seems to burn it until an error comes up "The attempt to burn disc failed. The device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry"

Please help?? :confused:

Thanks

Dave

upinflames900
Jul 9, 2009, 04:57 PM
How are you trying to burn the discs? Are you just using finder and burning files or iTunes and burning music?

jahbuzzz
Jul 9, 2009, 05:07 PM
How are you trying to burn the discs? Are you just using finder and burning files or iTunes and burning music?

Just iTunes and click on burn as normal.

Oh and when I put the disc back in it shows that there are tunes on it (unnamed) but if you try to play them iTunes freezes and you need to restart.

Teej guy
Jul 9, 2009, 08:37 PM
It's could be that the burner itself broken.

upinflames900
Jul 10, 2009, 12:20 AM
I would try reinstalling iTunes and seeing if that works. Also try burning a CD with finder to see if the burner works there. Try to isolate the problem if you can.

jahbuzzz
Nov 1, 2009, 05:49 AM
Right this is the error I get now :confused:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/4063255945_581fc73500_o.png

jahbuzzz
Nov 1, 2009, 06:10 AM
It started to burn using Finder then it started "whizzing" and stalled after track 17. Very frustrating. :mad:

Jolly Jimmy
Nov 1, 2009, 11:29 AM
Dust in the superdrive can cause this error. I used a lens cleaning CD, but you can also use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out.

zosoaudo007
Nov 1, 2009, 01:11 PM
My optical drive died after a while. I have a MBP, and the drives are notorious for dying after time. Discs wouldn't mount, when they would things wouldn't burn, etc...

This could be a precursor to the drive dying. If thats the case, the best thing to do is take it to the Apple store and have them fix it. If you have apple care, that repair is free to you.

jahbuzzz
Nov 3, 2009, 01:55 PM
My optical drive died after a while. I have a MBP, and the drives are notorious for dying after time. Discs wouldn't mount, when they would things wouldn't burn, etc...

This could be a precursor to the drive dying. If thats the case, the best thing to do is take it to the Apple store and have them fix it. If you have apple care, that repair is free to you.

Sounds like my problem.... Not sure if I have apple care its been so long since I bought it... :confused: