PDA

View Full Version : I can't buy music in iTunes, need some help.

cr2sh
Jun 6, 2004, 02:03 PM
Running 10.3.4 on a 1GHz / 1GB 17" Powerbook, iTunes version v4.5 (31)... when I try to purchase music (any music) in the iTunes Music Store I get an "Unknown Error 11503." Check out the screen grab below..

I've downloaded the iTunes installer a number of times, ran it... I always get the same error. Am I missing something?

Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone recommend a solution?
Thanks.

Veldek
Jun 6, 2004, 03:43 PM
I did a web search, but didn't find any answers to your question. The most helpful comment was found here (http://www.macintouch.com/itunes_store.html). So it seems that you should contact Apple.

aStabell
Jun 6, 2004, 03:54 PM
I've gotten this message before, I just quit and tried again later and it worked fine.

cr2sh
Jun 6, 2004, 03:55 PM
I did a web search, but didn't find any answers to your question. The most helpful comment was found here (http://www.macintouch.com/itunes_store.html). So it seems that you should contact Apple.

Problem solved. Thanks.

The error has to do with my AOL account. I used my AOL id to login to iTunes originally, it was the basis for my account, I had all but forgotten this. I recently dropped the AOL account.. which apparently negates my iTunes account of similar name.

I just created a new account... works fine.

The interesting thing is, I couldn't even download the "Free Song of the week."

Oh well... that's a lot better!

ftaok
Jun 6, 2004, 09:17 PM
Problem solved. Thanks.

The error has to do with my AOL account. I used my AOL id to login to iTunes originally, it was the basis for my account, I had all but forgotten this. I recently dropped the AOL account.. which apparently negates my iTunes account of similar name.I have a question. What happens to music that you've bought under your AOL id? Can you authorize your iTunes with your old account simultaneously with your new account?

Am I missing something?

cr2sh
Jun 6, 2004, 09:21 PM
I have a question. What happens to music that you've bought under your AOL id? Can you authorize your iTunes with your old account simultaneously with your new account?

Am I missing something?

The songs that I purchased under that account seem to work fine... my guess is that when my AOL account was deactivated - the link between my credit card (through AOL) to Apple's wallet, also was. I don't know really, that's just a guess... but after logging out and creating a new account it works fine.