Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamLikesMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Is there a "no" option for this?

Every single time I plug my iPod Touch into my computer/iTunes, I'm prompted to purchase the 3.0 software for it. I have an iPhone, so the iPod Touch is just used for music - no need to spend $10 on the update. My only options are "buy now" or "remind me later". Is there a "stop asking me" button? Perhaps a setting in iTunes?

Thanks.

(I posted here rather than the iPod Touch forum, as this isn't a problem with my iPod. The iPod works fine, and I couldn't be happier. It's iTunes that's pissing me off.)

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

I have a fix, but it'll cost you $10.

Seriously though, can you come up with $10? It's not just for the new apps, but it's always best practice to run an up-to-date version of any OS.

Lorenz0

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2009
I'm not keen on the upgrade purely because I have a 1st gen iPod touch. What I get for my money is not much :(

These days I am an "ethical" downloader. So I will not consider other means of aqcuiring it...:)

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California
Unfortunately, there are only three options:

1.) Spend the $10 and buy the OS. I have a 1st gen iPod touch, and I can tell you that in addition to the new features and apps, there is a noticable speed increase. (YES)

2.) Get the OS through "questionable" methods (NO)

3.) Deal with the irritating popup. (MAYBE)

AdamLikesMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Thanks, I guess.

I'm not paying $10 for the update, as I have a first gen iPod Touch, for starters, and it literally more often than not sits in my glove box, connected to my car stereo. I don't use it to surf the web, play games, or anything of the such.

I find it pretty obnoxious that there's not a "no thanks" option, especially after one clicks "remind me later" a dozen times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.