Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Hi.

I bought an apple tv yesterday, however I would like to return it.

Do yo have to book a Genius appointment to make a return, or can you just turn up?

Thanks!

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
You should be able to just walk in and do that just as long as you have all the original stuff and your receipt.

Kingley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Do younot have to book a Genius appointment so they can go off and test it?

I've always ordered my Apple products online, until buying the Apple TV yesterday, and it was a nightmare finding someone in the store to help!

Kingley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Oops, I forgot to mention the vital point that it is opened, which probably changes things

Eyedn

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
Whered you buy it? there shouldnt be a problem as long as you have the reciept.

Kingley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Bought it at the Birmingham store, but want to take it back to either Bluewater or Kingston.

Want to take it back because I think my wireless network is struggling, I can't view HD trailers without it buffering for a good while, then once it starts, it gets through a bit, and stops with the little wheel going round and round for a few more minutes.

Plus, the remote is absolutly awful!

Kingley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
...certainly could not disagree with this - but if you have an iPhone or iTouch you can use that.

Chris

I have an iPhone, but to be honest, to control my TV, i don't particularly want to unlock my phone and load an ap...just to pause a video!

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I have an iPhone, but to be honest, to control my TV, i don't particularly want to unlock my phone and load an ap...just to pause a video!

I use the included remote for one-press functions (pause, play, ff, rw) and the iPhone Remote app for everything else. Works pretty well for me but YMMV. What don't you like about the remote specifically?

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
It sounds like your problem is with your internet connection rather than your wifi - when I first got my aTV it played HD trailers fine over my G network. However, my ISP (entanet) had all sorts of problems in the winter and I got the problems you describe, even after getting a N router. Recently, though entanet have picked them selves back up and the speeds have gone back above 6 mbps and the HD trailers are streaming fine again.

Lorenz0

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2009
So you've opened the box, taken everything out and had a play... and now you want to take it back because while your network is struggling and you don't want it any more...

Err... Good luck with that.

Although if your atv is faulty, it'll be no problem.

GedBlue

macrumors member
May 23, 2009
Leeds, UK
To be honest, as long as it's not broken or damaged, they'll probaby be ok to accept it back.

Apple retail is renowned for great customer service, especially compared to other retail stores - the majority of which will give refunds if you have the receipt. I'd be surprised if they didn't give you a refund!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.