Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One of Coldplay's roadies reports that Steve Jobs attended the band's concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California on Monday night and made a backstage visit to chat with some of the band members and other VIPs.
I'll be honest with you folks, the only thing that mattered to me tonight was the presence of one Steve Jobs. I'm a confirmed Apple devotee and I really cannot imagine doing the job I do now (or even having got into this line of work) without my Macbook Pro (and all the Powerbooks that went before it). Creating these tools and putting them into the hands of folks like me was the vision of this man.

I spot Steve chatting with Dave Holmes outside the dressing room and suddenly feel like a star-struck teenager. In order to get the gall up to speak to the guy, I down a double espresso. The mixture of caffeine buzz and feeling like a cheesy little fanboy means that all I can manage to say to him is "Thank you so much". I realise that I'm quite simply making a tit of myself and so excuse myself as fast as I appeared.

With that, I suddenly have sympathy for every nervous and excitable kid that shakes hands with the band at a meet and greet.
As many Apple fans know, Coldplay's music has frequently been featured as part of Apple's keynotes and media events, suggesting a certain affection for the band on Jobs' part.

The concert is one of the first confirmed public sightings of Jobs since his return from a six-month medical leave of absence that included a liver transplant earlier this year. While Jobs has been quoted in several Apple press releases since his return, he has not yet made a public appearance in his resumed role as Apple CEO.

Article Link: Steve Jobs Makes Appearance at Coldplay Concert

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Hopefully we will see Jobs giving the keynote at the September iPod event on September 8th! :D

(Seems like September 8th is a good date!)

meelash

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
How does someone who claims themselves as a fanboy not report on how well steve looked thats what we all really care about...

He didn't say he was a douche bag, he said he was a fan. Maybe he believes in Steve having some privacy?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
How does someone who claims themselves as a fanboy not report on how well steve looked thats what we all really care about...

Because he has respect for the guy. Medical issues are Steve's personal issues.

In other news, I bet we can count on Steve making a small appearance in September for the iPod event, if any event occurs.

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
I would love to meet Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak in my lifetime! :D

I did get to meet Steve Wozniak. It was very cool, but he is very normal. It's something to meet someone who is so accomplished yet is still so down to earth. (If I had done what he has, I'd probably be a arrogant schmuck.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.