Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkflounder

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
OK, I'm kind of geeking out now.

Within the span of two weeks, I was at two concerts attended by Steve and Steve.

I was at the Coldplay concert at Shoreline mentioned above. Granted, I was way up in the lawn seats, so I wouldn't have known that Steve was there. Hell, I was so far back, I'm not even sure that Coldplay was there.

AND...

On July 2, The Tubes played a free concert in downtown San Jose. The opening act was Dusty Rhodes and the River Band, of which Woz is a huge fan and was in attendance.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Apple Legal should focus on these!

If they say they saw Jobs at a concert now, it was at least two month ago. That's what they do with him - apply a few month delay. So it's possible that he is dead, but we wouldn't know for another few weeks or months.

I'm going now, but I put this head here, because I like it. No relevance... :cool:

RiverFox

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2007
Ione, CA
Do people really get "star struck" when they meet a "celebrity"?

They're just like you and me - albeit, more money than you, but really, does that matter anymore?

I'd be like "Hiya Mr. Jobs" and go about my business...

Psychic Shopper

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2003
Cleveland Ohio
You saw the Tubes!

OK, I'm kind of geeking out now.

Within the span of two weeks, I was at two concerts attended by Steve and Steve.

I was at the Coldplay concert at Shoreline mentioned above. Granted, I was way up in the lawn seats, so I wouldn't have known that Steve was there. Hell, I was so far back, I'm not even sure that Coldplay was there.

AND...

On July 2, The Tubes played a free concert in downtown San Jose. The opening act was Dusty Rhodes and the River Band, of which Woz is a huge fan and was in attendance.
Lucky you, you saw the Tubes for Free. I used to love that band, haven't heard from them in years. Did they do "White punks on dope?"- Thats way cooler than seeing Steve Jobs

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Or he could have had a strange "Rush of Blood to the Head". :D
Yes, yes. Very good.
I'm not a fan of them, but I do know that song.
That's actually a brilliant pun. :D
Regardless of what many think, Coldplay is an exceptional band. Steve obviously has good taste.
I don't know why I found this funny. I guess it's the Steve obviously has good taste line.
It just cracked me up somehow. (No, I'm not being sarcastic in any way)
If they say they saw Jobs at a concert now, it was at least two month ago. That's what they do with him - apply a few month delay. So it's possible that he is dead, but we wouldn't know for another few weeks or months.

I'm going now, but I put this head here, because I like it. No relevance... :cool:

What?

Anyways, maybe he'll somehow pop up at Warped Tour at Shorline again. I'll be there! :)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

The show Jobs attended was July 13th.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
HEADLINE NEWS!

Steve Jobs does more than work in offices and stay at home!

Seriously guys. This isn't news!

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Same here. I've been trying for weeks to find something brief to say to either of them with no real results.

So do you see them in person for some reason or something that would give you access to being able to speak with them? :confused:

I did get to meet Steve Wozniak. It was very cool, but he is very normal. It's something to meet someone who is so accomplished yet is still so down to earth. (If I had done what he has, I'd probably be a arrogant schmuck.)

Lol, yes. That's what makes people like that so amazing. :)

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
I would love to meet Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak in my lifetime! :D

When I talked to Woz for the first(and only) time on the phone I was so nervous I sounded like a babbling incoherent moron.

I'm afraid if I ever met Steve Jobs what would happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.